Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

I Need Help w/ HT1250

7 posts in this topic

I really need help with this one if anyone can offer anything. I recently bought a VHF Motorola HT1250 portable with programing software and cable. I read another radio so I could copy the information from that one and just put it in the order that I wanted to. Everything was going great I read the radio that was programed and got all of the info that I needed. I read my radio and started putting in all of the info from the other radio and tried writing it to my radio and it stopped while it was writing with an error and now I cant get it to do anything can someone please help me?

What error are you getting. If it is displaying EEPRM ERROR you now have a expensive "brick".

its eeprm cs error

What error are you getting. If it is displaying EEPRM ERROR you now have a expensive "brick".

So were you able to fix it?

Just to let everyone know yes I have gotten the issued fixed. I took it to my local radio prgramming store and the guy there fixed it. I since then had it hooked up to the most recent software and fixed other little bugs but other than that the radio has been fixed and works great. Thanks to all that offered their help and support it was greatly appreciated.

Glad you got it fixed, but im curious as to how they did it? (a different way?) and did they charge you the flat dealer rate? (how much?) If you dont mind sharing.

Thanks.

They connected it to their computer via cable. I guess he was able to read it through his. They charged me $30 because he did it right then and there. When I was talking to the guy he said that in his experience he has done that to about 3 and was able to get 2 of them back so luckily mine wasnt that bad. He said that it was most likely due to it being powered off during programming.

Or you could have a bad cable that caused a loss of connection during the flash. I'd check that cable for continuity to make sure you don't have any future incidents. (Because you don't mention having any power issues during the flash).

Or you could have a bad cable that caused a loss of connection during the flash. I'd check that cable for continuity to make sure you don't have any future incidents. (Because you don't mention having any power issues during the flash).

The radio was accidentally turned off when it was originally programmed. The cable is fine worked with another ht1250 that I have and worked on mine when I got the issue fixed. It was just basically human error that caused it to get the error message.