Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
mstrang1

Squad 61

4 posts in this topic

Just looking at the photos of the Code 3 Squad 61, and was wondering about the second master stream on the roof. Is this prepiped as well? or is it just stored there? and what role does having a second gun on the roof play? Wouldn't it be better suited ina lower compartment for remote location use? Just wondering...

It's not pre piped. I would presume it does get used occasionally. Gotta admit it looks cool. They've been doing that for a number of years.

As for space, If I hear tell correctly, they are kind of limited with space as it is.

All the Squads are limited for space.....I wish they could've been mad a litle bigger for all the tools that we are expected to carry.

The Stang on the front is kinda of a kickback to the old days.. Before the prepiped they use to have a mount ontop of the rig where the piped stang is today that you could hook up a line to or remove it and use it as a portable. So I guess due to the space issue they pulled out a mount and placed on the cab. Most engines just place the portable stang in a compartment.