Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
nycemt326

Replacement tech card question

8 posts in this topic

I recently lost my wallet (thankfully I keep my tech card in a seperate id case), but decided since I have to replace everything else I might as well get a back up card just in case. I was wondering how long would it take NYS DOH to send a duplicate card if I did lose it?

Thanks

Thats a question for NYS DOH.

Yeah unfortunately every time I called and got through to someone, they would transfer me back to the automated menu.

I think you can call and ask for Karen Megenhouf. Think that's how she spells last name. She might be able to help.

I recently lost my wallet (thankfully I keep my tech card in a seperate id case), but decided since I have to replace everything else I might as well get a back up card just in case. I was wondering how long would it take NYS DOH to send a duplicate card if I did lose it?

Thanks

There are two ways that you can obtain a duplicate copy of your certification card:

http://www.health.state.ny.us/forms/doh-4453.pdf

You can complete the Duplicate Card Request Form. You can also submit a signed written request that includes your social security number, date of birth and current mailing address to the Certifcation Unit of the Bureau of EMS.

Either option can be mailed or faxed to the following:

New York State Department of Health

Bureau of EMS

433 River St.

Troy, NY 12180

Fax (518) 402-0985

(source: NYS DOH website)

I think you can call and ask for Karen Megenhouf. Think that's how she spells last name. She might be able to help.

Karen Meggenhofen

Thanks for the info everyone, I wasn't able to call today, but will attempt tomorrow.

Worst case too, if you don't get anywhere with the Albany office, try calling the MARO office which serves the NYC Metro area up to and including the HV region.