Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

FDNY EMS Candidate

4 posts in this topic

hi im a fdny emt candidate and i passed my physical agility test i completed my background check with my investigator i took my pysch and just completed my medical i was just wondering what are the odds of me getting into the next acadmey class or is there anything else i have to do before i can get into the next TOP class or do i have to be a civil servant to get into the academy thank you in advance for any input.

if you passed youre medical and everything you'll get called for the academy when there is an opening. I believe there is an academy class going through in july so they may call you for that ( they call people sometimes the day before it starts) or they may call you in a few months. EMS is the only service constantly hiring still in the city. You do not need to be civil service to get the job. You'll get hired and once a year ( usually) a EMS civil service will be offered and you can take then, then one day they'll call you to metrotech and like magic youre civil service.

if you passed youre medical and everything you'll get called for the academy when there is an opening. I believe there is an academy class going through in july so they may call you for that ( they call people sometimes the day before it starts) or they may call you in a few months. EMS is the only service constantly hiring still in the city. You do not need to be civil service to get the job. You'll get hired and once a year ( usually) a EMS civil service will be offered and you can take then, then one day they'll call you to metrotech and like magic youre civil service.

thanks for the info. sorry for your loss

There is currently an open period for applying for FDNY EMT Civil Service. I believe it closes at the end of the month. You should file for it so that if you get hired you will already be on the civil service list. Check the DCAS website.

Good Luck