Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
LTNRFD

NYC mobilization at Citifield 7/17/10

6 posts in this topic

Last night I attended the Dave Matthew's Band concert at Citifield. There was a staging of FDNY truck and engine companies across from the World's Fair Marina. Along with these companies there were communication/command post from FDNY, NYPD and OEM. Also, there were numerous TAC trucks and support vehicles. Inside Citifields parking lot were other FDNY companies. During the show around 11PM, NYPD aviation was flying over Citifield with it's spotlight on. When the concert was over there was an even greater FDNY presence, along with Rescue 4, in the outlying area along with what looked like every mounted unit NYPD has. One thing that I noticed the lack of was EMS. Usually there are private ambulances contracted for an event parked around Citfield, last night I didn't see any.

I have been to many an event at Citifield and never saw such a mobilization of resources. Not even at Paul McCartney's concert last year. Does anyone know why the resources ??????

TAPSJ likes this

Last night I attended the Dave Matthew's Band concert at Citifield. There was a staging of FDNY truck and engine companies across from the World's Fair Marina. Along with these companies there were communication/command post from FDNY, NYPD and OEM. Also, there were numerous TAC trucks and support vehicles. Inside Citifields parking lot were other FDNY companies. During the show around 11PM, NYPD aviation was flying over Citifield with it's spotlight on. When the concert was over there was an even greater FDNY presence, along with Rescue 4, in the outlying area along with what looked like every mounted unit NYPD has. One thing that I noticed the lack of was EMS. Usually there are private ambulances contracted for an event parked around Citfield, last night I didn't see any.

I have been to many an event at Citifield and never saw such a mobilization of resources. Not even at Paul McCartney's concert last year. Does anyone know why the resources ??????

Command Units and a few companies staging in the parking lot are normal for large events. Rescue 4 and other outlying companies were responding to a report of missing jet skiers by the Marina.

Maybe they are Dave Matthews Fans!!

JBJ1202 and TAPSJ like this

Shea always had Corona VAC on standby at games. When I was at Citifield for the first time a few weeks ago, I noticed that they now had EMT's on standby in Citifield polos that said EMT on the back. Whether they are affiliated with Corona VAC or not I'm not sure nor am I sure of whether or not there were ambulances on standby there as well.

Not sure about the history in other venues, but the Dave Matthews concerts in Hartford, CT have drawn large fights, riots, etc (all in the parking lots afterward) and is a nightmare event for all the local agencies. It doesn't surprise me such a large mobilization was planned for an artist whose concerts are ridden with such amounts of incidents.....

Large contingent of EMS was present. EMS does its best to blend in regardless how bright the shirts are.