Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
FFBlaser

Cliff Jumping Response

6 posts in this topic

Excuse the foul Language, A friend of mine In Utah showed me this video of an Intoxicated gentleman.

What would you do in this situation?

Just from first glance, keeping that vest on would make life a lot easier to keep him floating. Very simple treatment. Airway, spinal immobilization, treat any other injuries, transport.

Just from first glance, keeping that vest on would make life a lot easier to keep him floating. Very simple treatment. Airway, spinal immobilization, treat any other injuries, transport.

I believe they had him on the boat, From what I understand a member of the US Ski Team Pulled him out.

I would think as long as proper spinal immobilization and airway maintenance was followed, it seems like a pretty normal accident.

I think JBE hit the important things...it's kind of hard to tell exactly is going on with the patient...can't tell if he's unconscious or just got the wind knocked out of him from the impact. Either way, take care of the BLS - ABCs, C-Spine. I would also include ALS interventions...IV, cardiac monitor, etc and then move on depending on what's going on with him...again, it's hard to really elaborate beyond that because we can't really determine whats going on. Interesting though.

I missed the cardiac monitor. Nice catch, Goose. It's been 12 years since I did any BLS.