Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
firemn23

MLB

10 posts in this topic

It is right around the corner and I know there are some of you who might be as excited as I am. I am totally bored watching the sports that are on now and need something to fill in those Saturdays instead of Skiing and ice skating. So lets talk baseball

1. Who do you think is going to the WS (dont forget there is 2 leagues)?

2. Who do you think the player to watch out for is?

3. Who besides the entire Yankees team is going to the All-Star game?

4. Who has plans for a road trip to a different stadium besides Shea and Yankee Stadium?

5. Anybody have any good baseball stories?

How about a EMTBRAVO fund raiser to a baseball game, even though Seth is not a big baseball fan, except for the whole Red Sox thing.

Of course, I think the Yankees are going all the way. Especially since my man, #24, Tino Martinez is back at 1st base

Player to watch, Albert Puljos

All star game canidates: Puljos, Pedro Martinez, Carlos Beltran, Johnny Damon, Tim Wakefield

I would like to go see the Yankees beat the Red Sox in Boston, but i'll have to see if i can get some serious body armor first

And i actually do have quite an interesting baseball story:

The spring after the whole Yankees/John Rocker Incident, me and my family went to Florida.

My dad and I went to see the Braves play the University of Georgia for the 1st spring training game of the year. We both sported our Yankees gear, with pride, to the stadium that day. My dad got interviewed by two newspapers, Baseball Digest, and CBS news about his opinion on the whole situation.

I managed to get a few Braves' autographs, including JOHN ROCKER! - It was quite an interesting day!

648, =D>

Amen on Tino, will go down as one of the great clutch players in the history of the Yankees organization and as far as I'm concerned along with Scott Brosius, a true key to the teams winning ways....... and they let him go for that bum Giambi ( hope that doesn't get me in trouble and deleted) who has been a waste of every single dime he's been paid.

1. Who do you think is going to the WS (dont forget there is 2 leagues)? Yankees and Mets

2. Who do you think the player to watch out for is? Giambi, because he has so much to prove now.

3. Who besides the entire Yankees team is going to the All-Star game? Wait - I thought the All-Star game is the Yankees vs. the National League?!

4. Who has plans for a road trip to a different stadium besides Shea and Yankee Stadium? I may go watch the Hudson Valley Renegades this summer, I love it there!

5. Anybody have any good baseball stories? Not really, but when I was a kid I pretended I was Don Mattingly. I took a swing of my bat and whacked by sister in her noggin, and gave her an egg on her head she will never forget, nor let me live down!

I think the Braves, as usual will lock up the NL East, with either the Mets or Philly taking the wild card.

The Yankees are going to have a LOT to prove this year, especially with Giambi and all his problems.

The Sox are probably going to clinch either the wild card or the AL East. It's tough to say considering they dumped Pedro.

I'll probably be hitting more minor league stadiums this year. Keyspan Park, Dutchess Stadium, maybe one down in Camden NJ with my brother and his wife.

Hmmm thats a tough one........ hmmmmmm Y-A-N-K-E-E-S

When I used to work for NYC-EMS, since my unit covered the Stadium area, we got to "sneak" into the Stadium during home games and catch a few innings from the bleachers. It was great until the Captain of the station saw us catch a homerun ball one night on TV. He was cool about it but gave us an earful anyway. And relax to all that will say it would delay response time, it was no longer of a walk from where we were then walking out of the station.

1. Who do you think is going to the WS (dont forget there is 2 leagues)? Yankees, Braves with the Yanks taking it all

2. Who do you think the player to watch out for is? Hate to say it, but Barry Bonds will pass Ruth and could pass Arron this year.

3. Who besides the entire Yankees team is going to the All-Star game? Albert Pujios (Best player in the game)

4. Who has plans for a road trip to a different stadium besides Shea and Yankee Stadium? went to Fenway last year...This year while in Baltimore planned a trip for that Fri. Will buy a bunch of tickets if anyone interested let me know.

Braves? I don't like following spring training, but I thought the Braves were "washed up"? I saw a couple of you picking them to go to the WS.

Let's talk baseball and the METS!!! I'll be honest though and predict they don't make it to the WS (maybe not even the play-offs). Especially now that their pitching staff took another hit with Trachsel hurt. Although, I have to say that I'm excited for the season to start. I'm hoping that the improvements in the offseason are going to pay off. I don't think I'm alone because I read an article a month or so ago saying that ticket sales were up 300% from last year. It seems like a long time since 2000. Not that I would like to remember them losing to that other team.

By the way, do Yankee fans really appreciate that their payroll is uncontrolable? Although, I'm happy to say that their payroll has pretty much double since 2000 and they haven't won a WS since. Different topic, but I think baseball should adopt a salary cap similar to football.

Player to watch: Sammy Sosa and what he can do to help the Orioles. I think they may just throw a wrench into the Yankee/Red Sox LCS.

All the competition in the AL is in the east.

NL: Not much competion. Should be the Cardinals again with the slight improvements they made. Puhols is awesome.

Forgot about the All Star game. One word: JOKE!!!

The voting system is unfair. Players can make the team being on the IR (without playing) for the first half of the season. I'd like to see it like when we were kids. I'm talking local little league. A maximum of three players from one team and each team having at least one representative (I think they do).

I haven't been excited to see an All Star game in a long, long time. I watched the first inning last year when Clemmens was shelled and that was about it. No excitement in the steroid driven home run derby (not all the best players hit).

I really dislike the system they have now of the game deciding who has home field advantage in the WS. I think the best record between the two teams that make it to the WS should have home field advantage. It'll give a little more meaning to the 162 game season.

each team has to be represented in the All-Star game. By the way GO METS