Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
INIT915

LoHud: Fake bomb brought to Hartsdale Fire headquarters

5 posts in this topic

http://www.lohud.com/article/20100731/NEWS02/7310359/Fake-bomb-brought-to-Hartsdale-Fire-headquarters

HARTSDALE: The Westchester County Bomb Squad was called in Saturday night after a woman brough what turned out to be a fake bomb to the Hartsdale Fire Department.

The drama began about 6:20 p.m. when a woman walked into the Hartsdale Avenue fire headquarters, Greenburgh Police Sgt. John Murphy said.

"She was carrying what appeared to be a bomb. She gave it to a firefighter and told him that her daughter had found it inside their house," he said.

This reminds me of when the White Powder letter craze was around. We were responding to 20-30 of these calls a night but there were the people who would walk the letters to the precinct and bring them inside and proceed to dump the powder on the desk so the officer can see it !! This caused us to put a sign outside the precinct asking people to leave their letters outside and for them to come inside which only lead to more confusion. Sometimes you just have to laugh...

Betcha thought she was bringing you a shopping bag full of "Thank you Cookies" for the boys.

FAKE POP TARTS!

[/sigh]

You need licenses to drive, fly, or have a handgun but reproduction is completely unregulated. You can't fix stupid. This is probably the same person who stops in front of you instead of moving over during an emergency response.

I wanna know who needed the change of underwear after taking the "bomb" outside .... sounds like a junior-man job to me.