Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
X2321

Rockland Disptacher Helps To Save Boy

4 posts in this topic

Nice work. EMDs are often overlooked, at least in my area they are. They are absolutely first responders and have saved many lives. My buddy even has a EMD sticker that says "i'm always first due"

Bev was one of my 2 partners working that shift. She picked up the phone and I picked up with her. As soon as I heard the 7 year old sister tell her that she pulled her 1 year old brother out of the pool I started toning out the Ambulance & Paramedics immediately. She continued to EMD the call, child was not breathing, while Dispatcher Quinones dispatched the Police Officers. After the mother gave rescue breaths the child started coughing up the pool water and then started crying. It was so good to hear the child cry as you can imagine.

On a side note, the news media came to the Police Station to interview Bev today and about a half hour after everyone left we had a 5 year old girl pulled from a pool in Nanuet with reported CPR in progress by a lifeguard. The 5 year old was transported ALS to Nyack Hospital.

This was the third near drowning we have had this summer and unfortunately I have been working for all 3 of them. Thank god all 3 of them had a happy ending.