Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Dissension

Ambulance Information Request

10 posts in this topic

I'm hoping you good folks will be able to help me with something. I ran across a video clip a while back, and it's had me wondering who ran this ambulance:

COEAmbulance.jpg

COEAmbulance2.jpg

COEAmbulance3.jpg

It appears to be built on a Nissan UD chassis. Because it's got "PARAMEDICS" and "3637" emblazoned on the front and sides (and from the similarity in markings to Continuum Health Partnerships ambulances), I've been assuming it was an ALS unit out of Long Island College Hospital. I'd really appreciate any information or better pictures y'all might have. Thanks for your time!

The original video and the frames I captured are the copyright of the original videographer (not me, obviously).

The unit pictured is a Long Island College Hospital EMS unit.

I have seen other ambulances with a similar box to this. there was one at the long island fire convention that was refurbished and was pretty nice. as far as the cab and chassis, obviously not common. But who knows why they went with it. Maybe it was donated because they didnt have funds to buy one. Who knows. As long as it functions and get the staff and patient to the scene and hospital who cares. Better than not having an ambulance at all!

I have seen other ambulances with a similar box to this. there was one at the long island fire convention that was refurbished and was pretty nice. as far as the cab and chassis, obviously not common. But who knows why they went with it. Maybe it was donated because they didnt have funds to buy one. Who knows. As long as it functions and get the staff and patient to the scene and hospital who cares. Better than not having an ambulance at all!

Absolutely, if it gets the job done keep using it.

That is used for transports? Pretty ghetto.

Looks like a pretty expensive purchase if purchased new...thats a pretty large custom Braun body on the the back and Isuzu chassis. I have no idea if it was purchased new or donated, my money is on it being donated but regardless, some one paid for all of this and I am willing to bet it was not cheap.

Edited by bvfdjc316

Looks like a pretty expensive purchase if purchased new...thats a pretty large custom Braun body on the the back and Isuzu chassis. I have no idea if it was purchased new or donated, my money is on it being donated but regardless, some one paid for all of this and I am willing to bet it was not cheap.

It does appear to be an expensive custom Braun box. The rig also seems to be pretty high off the ground. I would like to see a picture of the inside to see the layout.

It does appear to be an expensive custom Braun box. The rig also seems to be pretty high off the ground. I would like to see a picture of the inside to see the layout.

L.I.C.H has been using trucks like this since the late 80's. At one point in the early to mid 90's the cab was a mitusbishi FUSO front with a similar box on the back.

Thanks for the informative responses, everyone. The only photos I've been able to find of L.I.C.H. trucks are E-series vans.

Thanks for the informative responses, everyone. The only photos I've been able to find of L.I.C.H. trucks are E-series vans.

If its an inter-facility Neo-Natal or critical care transport that requires advanced equipment beyond that found in your standard ALS rig, some hospitals have fleets of extremely large ambulances. Fletcher Allen Coordinated Transport is one example, they have a fleet of 4-door International 7400 ambulances that have enough space in back for two full hospital gurneys and doctor teams and equipment.

http://www.fletcherallen.org/services/emergency_department/specialties/fletcher_allen_coord_transport/