Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
FiftyOnePride

A Question Regarding IA's

3 posts in this topic

In the past few days, I decided to step up and post a few IA's for what I thought were noteworthy jobs. The first one I will admit that I half heard the dispatch and wrote the wrong information, I did correct it after it was brought to my attention, and then that one suddenly disappeared.

This afternoon, I posted a chimney fire that a local department picked up, which I feel is a legitimate incident to post, but that one went poof as well.

Should I just not bother posting incidents? I try not to post MVA's, because they are a dime a dozen, even pin jobs, and I think chimney fires are more noteworthy. But both of my posts have disappeared. I would understand if I were being sent a pm or something to tell me why my IA's are not worthy of being up on the boards, but I received nothing (Which I don't expect, Mod's are busy people for the most part).

So for now I think I won't bother posting IA's, they don't seem to stay for long anyways. I hope someone on the moderating staff can help me resolve this issue.

In the past few days, I decided to step up and post a few IA's for what I thought were noteworthy jobs. The first one I will admit that I half heard the dispatch and wrote the wrong information, I did correct it after it was brought to my attention, and then that one suddenly disappeared.

This afternoon, I posted a chimney fire that a local department picked up, which I feel is a legitimate incident to post, but that one went poof as well.

Should I just not bother posting incidents? I try not to post MVA's, because they are a dime a dozen, even pin jobs, and I think chimney fires are more noteworthy. But both of my posts have disappeared. I would understand if I were being sent a pm or something to tell me why my IA's are not worthy of being up on the boards, but I received nothing (Which I don't expect, Mod's are busy people for the most part).

So for now I think I won't bother posting IA's, they don't seem to stay for long anyways. I hope someone on the moderating staff can help me resolve this issue.

I'm glad you brought this up as it is time for the seasonal reminder about chimney fires. Chimney fires, without extension into the structure, are not appropriate for an IA. Please review the rules about IA's in the IA section for more detail. This has been policy for some time.

I'm not aware of the other one to which you refer but I will look into it and advise via PM.

Thanks for your IA's!

Thanks for such a prompt response, while I understand the policy, I disagree with it. But to each their own correct? Either way I'll follow the guidelines!