Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
trauma74

H.E.L.P. Truck Program

6 posts in this topic

I know that the H.E.L.P. Truck program is thru the NYS DOT and that the trucks are sponsored by State Farm Insurance, but who actually staffs the trucks? I was on the NYS DOT website and the info on there says that the people operating the trucks are not NYS State employees. If State Farm is sponsoring the HELP program, are they the ones that hire the people to staff the trucks? Anyone know how to get hired to work on a HELP truck?

Any info would be greatly appreciated. Thank you in advance.

I know that the H.E.L.P. Truck program is thru the NYS DOT and that the trucks are sponsored by State Farm Insurance, but who actually staffs the trucks? I was on the NYS DOT website and the info on there says that the people operating the trucks are not NYS State employees. If State Farm is sponsoring the HELP program, are they the ones that hire the people to staff the trucks? Anyone know how to get hired to work on a HELP truck?

I know but I cant say publicly... If you want PM me and I will fill you in..... B)

I am still trying to find out what company hires and provides the staffing for the HELP Trucks in the Hudson Valley area and how to apply for one of these positions.

So far, I have had no luck finding out this information. I have spent many hours searching the web and I have been on the NYS DOT website numerous times and I have found nothing.

Are these positions so coveted that everything has to be kept a BIG SECRET??!!

Anyway, if anyone has this information and provide me with it, I would GREATLY appreciate it. THANK YOU IN ADVANCE!

Stiloskis Auto Corp. has the contract to outfite and operate the H.E.L.P. Trucks in our area.

Give them a call and check the site often. I saw them accepting applications for H.E.L.P. truck operators not too long ago.

Other areas have contracts from other towing companies.

click here and scroll down and you will see that the H.E.L.P trucks are apart of their fleet. Best of luck.

http://www.stiloskis.com/fleet.html

Several different local tow/service companies bid on, and are awarded contracts, for different highways. The contracts are awarded by NYSDOT/NYSP and then the private companies are in charge of hiring and staffing the trucks. The contracts come up for open bidding on a regular basis. The lowest bids get the contract.