Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Guest 2204em

Working for Transcare Question

4 posts in this topic

I hear good and not so good things about working for Transcare. Can anyone give any info who is now employed or was recently employed at Transcare.Thanks.

I used to work at TC for a while in NYC, out of the TCC base. I enjoyed my time there and am actually looking to go back part time. It really does depend on who you ask though. I have always found that people who complained the most were always the ones who were late, never did what they were suppose to do, banged out all the time, and always got written up.

It is what you make it. There is overtime and some decent Supervisors (depending on where you work out of). If you are using this as a stepping stone into something bigger like FDNY or 911, then learn. The best part of transports is patient assessments and being able to handle patients with many different illnesses and diseases at different stages. Most emergency jobs are typically BS, but gives you practice.

Sorry to reply so late, but I've been with Transcare Hudson Valley Division since '07 and actually love it. like stated above, its the lazy people, or those who like to cut corners and that kind of thing, that generally complain or dislike Transcare. Some administartion practices can be a little hard to understand, but thats all the politics side of things. But the job itself. is pretty decent.