Posting Number:  FFPM2005-02  

Job Title:  FIREFIGHTER/PARAMEDIC  

Closing date:  04/29/2005  

Closing time:  05:00 PM  

Job Class:  Public Safety  

Job Hours:  Salaried  

Salary:  $46,592 TO $55,889/yr  

Depending on Qualifications and Experience  

Description:  The Castle Rock Fire and Rescue Department is currently recruiting highly trained and motivated people with exceptional customer service skills who are interested in becoming Firefighter/Paramedics with one of Colorado’s most progressive fire and rescue departments. The Fire and Rescue Department anticipates filling one (1) positions and establishing an eligibility pool through this process.

The Town of Castle Rock is a rapidly growing, stand-alone community 10 miles south of the Denver metro area. Our community is the county seat of Douglas County, one of the fastest growing counties in the United States, and we continue to experience steady growth in population and commercial development. The Department responds to a variety of incidents in the Town of Castle Rock and our contracted areas. In 2003, the department answered over 3,300 calls for service. Distance to healthcare centers and the challenges presented by the areas we serve require that the department EMS system operate under progressive protocols with state-of-the-art equipment. Due to our location and terrain, a heavy emphasis is placed on wildland firefighting and technical rescue.

Minimum qualifications are State of Colorado or National Registry EMT-Paramedic certificate, IFSAC approved Firefighter I and Hazardous Materials – Awareness Level certification, (Colorado Division of Fire Safety Firefighter I certification and Colorado Division of Fire Safety Hazardous Materials - Awareness certification preferred) and current CPAT Certification. Preferred qualifications include ACLS, PEPP, PHTLS/BTLS, IFSAC approved Firefighter II, NWCG S130/190 Red Card, and college degree. Successful candidates will be chosen through a competitive assessment process.  

Hiring Range: $46,592 - $55,889 per year. Applicants must possess a valid driver’s license, and shall submit a letter of interest, a detailed resume, copies of all certifications, and a completed employment application and supplemental questionnaire (available from the website www.crgov.com) to: Human Resources Job# FFPM2005-02, Town of Castle Rock, 100 N. Wilcox St., Castle Rock, CO 80104, by April 29, 2005. Testing will be conducted on June 1,2,3, 2005. Please note: applications must be complete (letter of interest, a detailed resume, copies of all certifications along with a completed employment application and supplemental questionnaire). Visit our website at www.crgov.com, for a detailed brochure. EOE. The Town reserves the rights to hire qualified candidates from outside the hiring pool at any time.  

If anyone has questions about this job please Pm I will do my best to answer them for you.

Mike H

Engineer/Paramedic

Castle Rock Fire Rescue

"B" Shift Engine Company 154

Looking for some East Coasters!

I'm with the CRFD and was hired with MH in 2000. We came from PC to work here. It's a good job that's getting better.

We are progressive and aggressive, the department supports training and will send you anywhere in country to learn. If you are into the wildland we have that too! We do have growing pains because of the age of the department but we work through them to change and do the right thing.

Within the next five-ten years the department plans to open three more stations and staff a truck instead of a quint. We our three engines, one quint, two als medics, and one BC. One of the engines is a rescue engine that carries most of the tech rescue gear. We also have several other rigs that are crossed staffed, wild land, hazmat, and a rescue.

If you have any questions contatc me or Mike,

George Szczerba

Firefighter Engine 154 B

www.cofiretraining.com (Eng154 web page)