Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
firemoose827

In need of some vital equipment Please.

2 posts in this topic

Just wanted to put the word out to some of the bigger departments that might be able to help us out a bit.

I just recently joined a small town department that has next to nothing for a budget, gear thats old and worn, trucks that are old as I am, and a growing membership of interior firefighters.

If anyone has any turnouts or other equipment laying around the station that you would like to donate to us please send me a PM and I will give you my email.

We are in need of hose, any size, Scott Air Masks (we have received a grant a few years ago and purchased new Scott NxGn Packs but have limited masks. Six packs in rescue, only 3 have mask...), Personal rescue ropes and harnesses, turnout coats pants boots and helmets.

If anyone can help, please let me know. Our commisioners only allow us to purchase 2 sets of gear annualy, and we just got 5 new interior members that we could only outfit 3 with gear. ANy help would be appreciated, and warmly accepted with praise and parades.

Thanks all.

Just wanted to send out a HUGE thank you and express our sincere appreciation to the brothers from Rye FD for their donation of much needed equipment. Without you guys making donations like you did smaller departments like mine would be in trouble. It takes a certain extra something for guys/gals like you who go out of your way to help out those of us less fortunate and people like me appreciate you more than I can express. My chief will be sending a more formal thank you to the department and all of its members as soon as we can come down and pick the equipment up.

Will the brother that contacted me initially and got the ball rolling please call me again? I can not find your phone number and need to set up a day (When its not SNOWING!!! LOL) to come down and get the stuff. We have 2 pickups and 5 people coming down to get it. Please call.

THANK YOU AGAIN!!!!