Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Guest T-34

Mechanicstown Fire Chief

5 posts in this topic

http://jobview.monster.com/Fire-Chief-Job-Middletown-NY-94698496.aspx

Mechanicstown Fire District, located in Middletown, NY, is seeking a Fire Chief to plan, direct, and review the activities and operations of our busy volunteer department, and to provide professional leadership and direction. Duties will include but are not limited to: supervising all fire district employees and volunteers; organizing, planning, and controlling the work of employees and volunteers; planning and implementing Fire Department goals and objectives; developing and administering policies and procedures; assuming management responsibility for all Fire Department services and activities; delegating work assignments, projects, and programs; establishing favorable public relations; assisting in the recruitment and retention of volunteers.

Candidates should possess the following knowledge, skills, and abilities, including but not limited to : employee coaching, supervision, and training; operation, maintenance, and uses of modern fire fighting apparatus and equipment; operational characteristics, services, and activities of comprehensive fire suppression and prevention programs and emergency medical services; pertinent federal,state, and local laws, codes, and regulations; National Incident Management System; organization and management practices as applied to the analysis and evaluation of programs, policies, and operational needs; advanced principles and practices of budget preparation and administration; ability to prepare and administer a complex budget, as well as clear and concise reports.

The minimum job requirements are as follows: A Bachelor’s degree from an accredited four-year college or university with concentration in fire science, public administration, or subject field related to this position; ten years of increasingly responsible command and supervisory experience with a Local, State, or Federal Fire Agency, including five years of administrative responsibility at the rank of Captain or above in an agency with 30 or more fire personnel.

I thought these guys were elected by membership.

http://jobview.monst...Y-94698496.aspx

Mechanicstown Fire District, located in Middletown, NY, is seeking a Fire Chief to plan, direct, and review the activities and operations of our busy volunteer department, and to provide professional leadership and direction. Duties will include but are not limited to: supervising all fire district employees and volunteers; organizing, planning, and controlling the work of employees and volunteers; planning and implementing Fire Department goals and objectives; developing and administering policies and procedures; assuming management responsibility for all Fire Department services and activities; delegating work assignments, projects, and programs; establishing favorable public relations; assisting in the recruitment and retention of volunteers.

Candidates should possess the following knowledge, skills, and abilities, including but not limited to : employee coaching, supervision, and training; operation, maintenance, and uses of modern fire fighting apparatus and equipment; operational characteristics, services, and activities of comprehensive fire suppression and prevention programs and emergency medical services; pertinent federal,state, and local laws, codes, and regulations; National Incident Management System; organization and management practices as applied to the analysis and evaluation of programs, policies, and operational needs; advanced principles and practices of budget preparation and administration; ability to prepare and administer a complex budget, as well as clear and concise reports.

The minimum job requirements are as follows: A Bachelor's degree from an accredited four-year college or university with concentration in fire science, public administration, or subject field related to this position; ten years of increasingly responsible command and supervisory experience with a Local, State, or Federal Fire Agency, including five years of administrative responsibility at the rank of Captain or above in an agency with 30 or more fire personnel.

This seems to be a very positive and progressive step for Middletown. Hopefully, those who are making the hiring decisions will consider hiring an "outsider" who is truly qualified and not afraid to shake things up and make change where needed...and no.... I'm not interested...:huh:

99subi likes this

This seems to be a very positive and progressive step for Middletown. Hopefully, those who are making the hiring decisions will consider hiring an "outsider" who is truly qualified and not afraid to shake things up and make change where needed...and no.... I'm not interested...:huh:

The Job description is well written. I am impressed. It is a lot better than many I've seen.

INIT915 likes this

The Job description is well written. I am impressed. It is a lot better than many I've seen.

It appears to be a fairly standard cookie-cutter template. I've seen the same one several times, both for FD and PD executive positions.