Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
conman

Need help programminmg my BCT15X

8 posts in this topic

I just got this scanner for christmas/birthday. I know it has a scan by state function but its not picking up anything around me. I want to know if anyone has dealt with this scanner and if there is a way to punch in the frequencies that i want to scan. Thanks!

It can be kinda of confusing at first but once you get the hang of it, you'll be able to do it in a couple of minutes. press the menu button - hit E/yes key when program system is highlighted - scroll down to new system - hit E/yes - select the type of system (conventional, Edacs, ECT.) - hit E/yes - hit E/yes - to put in frequencies, scroll to edit group - hit E/yes - hit E/yes - scroll to edit channel - hit E/yes - scroll to new channel - hit E/yes - type in your frequency - enter the frequency using the number keys - hit E/yes - then to start listening hit the scan key or you can enter more frequencies. You do not need to create a new group for each new frequency you want to program. The way I do it is your town as a system, each service as a group and then the different frequencies for each service in the correct group. EX: System 1: Town ABC -> Groups 1, 2, 3: ABC FD, ABC PD, and ABC EMS -> EMS operations, EMS dispatch in the ABC EMS group, ect. You can also name all the systems, groups and frequencies whatever you want by going to the edit name choice in the options menu of each group, channel, and system. I would recommend getting a computer program for it, makes life alot easier, cause you can just type everything and you can see the way everything in the scanner breaks down. I use proscan, available at proscan.org , and you can get a 30 day fully functioning trial to try it out with. Hope this helps.

Edited by firefighter111

If you would like to try programming by computer, I have used FreeScan from ScanNow.org. It is freeware and is relatively easy to use.

I second the use of FreeScan.. agree may be a bit confusing at first.

Also if you sign up at radioreference.com as a member you can 'download' direct to scanner using FreeScan software

Currently loaded up a Uniden portable with no issues

John

Thanks again for the help guys. Got it programmed and its working great

Get the Butel ARC program software for your scanner. It is the best out there in my opinion and well worth the money spent. The interface and set up is easy to use.