Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Guest NYTruckie

White Plains ER Expansion

14 posts in this topic

I was talking to Dr Haydock the other night, he seems happy about going to White Plains and there expansion to a two floor ER. The plan now is for 48 beds. (which he thinks will be less, they are going to have to make the rooms bigger and will lose some beds)

Two floor ER? How in the world is that gonna work? Minors upstairs, major downstairs? Any additional info appreciated.

"Fast track" one floor up with aboyt 18 beds. The main ER the where it is now with a total of 30 beds. Dr. Haydock says the rooms are to small, they will have to be bigger so they will lose some rooms.

Rooms, are just that Haydock says you need private rooms in the E/R to compete and because of hippa. Also he mentions some of the Nurse's were thinking about going to White Plains.

Okay. Thats what I figured (Fast Track upstairs, main down). Are they planning to expand the ER outwards on the main level? Cause If memory serves they have about 15 beds in the ER now (normally spaced) and would need to double that if he wants to maintain room size and privacy.

Family Health is getting moved out, and the ED is going to expand back into the basement. Hopefully, they'll do something about the sucky parking situation in the ED bay, as well as the fact that the decon showers drain down into the ED bay entrance (rocket science, I tell ya).

it's about time i was getting sick and treid of wait so long for my PT. to get a bed =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> :D:D =D> =D> =D>

In related news: Word is that the New ER at Phelps has been pushed up to Fall 2006. =D> No word on NWHC yet. [-o<

NWH will take forever. The hospital is more worried about getting approval from the Town/Village of Mt. Kisco then New York State.

Good for Dr. Haydock and WP ER.... Anyone know if Dr.Scott is staying at WMC, or is he moving on as well.

And is WCDES keeping the CME on Friday Mornings the same??

White Plains, although much busier since the United closing, is still much better than Lawrence.

Seems like WP is becomming more like a inner city hospital. Looks like they have more PA's around doing triage. Having the PA's triage ambulance patients is going a lot faster than the RNs. My biggest gripe about WP is that the RNs ignore you when you are awaiting triage. The PA's are a lot more on the ball.

Probably because the nurses have thier hands full dealing with the patients they already have, and get stressed at the site of more patients coming in. At least we only have to deal with one patient at a time typically.

I'd like to disagree. I think White Plains is one of the most professional EDs around. As unhappy as the nurse may be to see your patient (whether critical or BS) they are 99.9% of the time on the ball. They ask you what you have (or which phone call you were) as you come through the door and walk towards them, and they are never one to make you sit and wait. WPER has been quite busy since United closed and they were always a busy ER. When they say they are on diversion, you try 100% to respect that, because they must be overflowing like all hell and have zero beds upstairs. Any time you go in there, they are busy, but they still find a place to put your patient within a few minutes. At other hospitals (like for example that thing in Bronxville, no names of course), you could stand there for 20 minutes before you even get acknowledged by someone to triage your patient. And after that, you always get "well you're going to have to wait" and stand there for over a half hour to get a bed. 9/10 I am done with paperwork and still have to wait to get a bed. After that, you look at the inservice time and it's 45 minutes after you got to the hospital, that's unacceptable. That never happens at White Plains. They are a good ER.

On a side note, they never complain about restocking the ambulance either... Can't wait for the 2 floor ER, should be great.