Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Guest superman718

N.Y.C Fire Dept. Ems hiring process before academy.

4 posts in this topic

Hey whatsup fellow ems members, my name is anthony and im 21 years old and i am a 6 month old emt...i joined this site to chat and network with my fellow emt's and medic's. well i recieved a letter from FDNY and im training for the physical agility exam but dont know what else to prepare myself for, i dont even know what else theyll be testing me on besides my physical capabilities...CAN SOMEONE HELP ME OUT..PLEASE.

Physical agility is just that, physical agility. The only other "test" is a drug test that you will take prior to taking the agility test.

The physical is pretty easy as long as ur in shape. You then have to take a psych test which is like 400 questions followed by a meeting with ur investagator then thats about it. The academy is 3 months roughly. Good luck, ur coming in at a good time.

Physical agility is just that, physical agility. The only other "test" is a drug test that you will take prior to taking the agility test.

There is also a psychological test as well.The rest is just experience and education.Not too hard.You gotta be real crazy to fail or get rejected.I've been there 23 1/2 years and I am putting in my retirement papers next week.I'm tired of the BS already.Moving on to other things.