Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
BFD389RET

Antique Lanterns Stolen from CT museum in Manchester

1 post in this topic

TO any of you guys who frequent the antique apparatus and fleamarket auction type events down the eastern seaboard....

A matching pair of ornate hand lanterns were recently stolen from their storage box at the Fire Museum in Manchester, CT. The lanterns are 2 of 7 matching antiques that belong to an ornate parade hose cart.

These lanterns date back to a parade wagon purchased in 1882 by Crescent Hose Company #2. The parade wagon is currently on loan to the Connecticut Fireman's Historical Society. Obviously, no one from the museum has any "RIGHT" to sell such an item, these are some of hundreds of items ON Loan from all over, OBviously missing 2 of a matched ornate set Ruined the set.. the where abouts are totally Unknown.. except to he who "made them go away"... should anyone come across 1 or 2 of the lanterns as seen In the attached JPeg please contact Manchester PD, IF you feel you need to write me and I will get your phone call payed for I dont care.... :)

The Manchester Police Department has several leads, but are still investigating. They can be reached at 860-645-5544

AS I understand, The PD has a person of interest in custody and obviously charges will follow but the big issue is to try to find and return these two items to the Company and hose wagon that they have been attached to for 120 odd years... I will do my best also to update this should they be found and whatever I can find out about the SOB that stole them Thanks for taking a minute to read this hope we can find them.... ( I am not affiliated with either the museum or the lending Company, by the way I would do the same IF I heard something from your place got wacked....

IF you LOOK at the photos the Last shows the Hose Wagon with 5 lanterns circled 1 center front and i each corner.. The 2 Stolen ones are exactly the same as the one in the Black & white orginal Post with the ring style handle 2 & 3 show true colors Nickle plated and etched glass better again, Hope they turn up in good condition

Edited by BFD389RET