Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Sudhana

Westchester EMT-Basic Employment Suggestions?

5 posts in this topic

Hello,

I was wondering if anyone had some specific suggestions for EMT-Basic jobs in Westchester (or the surrounding area)? I'll be moving back in mid May, and would like to start applying to jobs now.

I've got three years of 911 EMS experience as an EMT-Basic, EVOC and CEVO certified, CPR instructor certification, and hold a Commercial Driver License. I appreciate any feedback or suggestions. Thanks!

I am not sure if any of these are hiring but, some names that people will throw out are: TransCare; Westchester EMS; Ossining VAC; Empress EMS;

Of course there are others.

Good luck!

I'd go anywhere where you can get as much 911 service as you can. Empress is great because you can work the streets of Yonkers. I'd also check around some of the private companies in NYC as well.

There are also a lot of camps and other places (Playland) that hire EMTs for the summer. Can apply for one of those while you put heels back in the county, then get some applications/interviews in with local companies. If you need to travel, there are other places in surrounding areas as well. Here is a non-exclusive list:

Commercials:

Empress

Hudson Valley/Regional/Empire/whatevertheycallthemselves

Transcare (also in NYC and Hudson Valley)

Westchester EMS

"Volunteers":

Ossining VAC

Harrison EMS

PortChester Rye Rye Brook EMS

Tarrytown VAC

Surrounding areas:

SeniorCare (NYC)

CityWide (NYC)

Rockland Mobile Care (Rockland)

Mobile Life Support Services (Orange/Dutchess/Ulster)

NDP (Northern Dutchess/Columbia/Connecticut/eventually MA?)

FDNY

A few in NJ.

Numerous hospital based outside Westchester (like NYP, UMDNJ, etc)

One of the biggest restrictions on hiring lately has been cleanliness of drivers license.

Thank you all for your responses, I really appreciate it. I have no points/violations on my license, so that shouldn't be a hurdle. I'll definitely explore these options, hopefully there are some openings!