Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
PEMO3

Sprint blocks 4Info news feeds

1 post in this topic

Anyone who has Sprint has probably gotten a message by now. This evening I received a text message from 4info.net,, short code 44636, the provider of various text base messages including but not limited to the Weather Channel weather alerts, LoHud breaking news, etc., that they will no longer be sending messages because Sprint is now charging to send them to their customers. Sprint claims they provide customers with certain plans such as mine, unlimited text messaging for which a price is paid. In turn they have decided to choose who these messages can come from and charge some for sending them. Are IPages next? What about NYAlerts? In short this is double dipping. Customers are not being charged by 4Info for the message but 4Info is being charge to send it after the customers have already been charged to receive it from the same carrier. They have decided for you what you get and don't get. What is next, "Aunt Bessie calls me to much so unless she wants to pay Sprint to call my unlimited talk phone she can't call me? "

post-957-0-39775600-1303177255.jpg

Edited by PEMO3