Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
grushkjs

NYC EMS Jobs

5 posts in this topic

All - anyone know what services are hiring Per Diem EMTs these days in NYC? From what I hear, getting into a hospital-based service is extremely difficult, FDNY only hires full-time, and the commerical services don't do a lot of 911s, which is what I'm interested in. I've been in EMS for almost 7 years now in CT doing 911s and am looking to work in NYC if possible on a per-diem basis. Let me know if any of you know of any opportunities...thanks in advance!

All - anyone know what services are hiring Per Diem EMTs these days in NYC? From what I hear, getting into a hospital-based service is extremely difficult, FDNY only hires full-time, and the commerical services don't do a lot of 911s, which is what I'm interested in. I've been in EMS for almost 7 years now in CT doing 911s and am looking to work in NYC if possible on a per-diem basis. Let me know if any of you know of any opportunities...thanks in advance!

Other then FDNY the voluntary hospitals that participate in 9-1-1 system pretty much have emergency response in the City to themselves. Yeah the private might run some emergency runs to Nursing Homes or hired by large companies large Radio City (Transmed) but within NYC very few "emergency runs" are handled outside the FDNY System. Last I checked (years ago) most hospitals doing 9-1-1 were very hard to get into and even today many hospitals put their names only on the trucks, the actual EMS management is outsourced to a separate company.

You might have to reach out to each hospital to see whose hiring.

Other then FDNY the voluntary hospitals that participate in 9-1-1 system pretty much have emergency response in the City to themselves. Yeah the private might run some emergency runs to Nursing Homes or hired by large companies large Radio City (Transmed) but within NYC very few "emergency runs" are handled outside the FDNY System. Last I checked (years ago) most hospitals doing 9-1-1 were very hard to get into and even today many hospitals put their names only on the trucks, the actual EMS management is outsourced to a separate company.

You might have to reach out to each hospital to see whose hiring.

Besides FDNY and the voluntary hospitals that still run their own EMS trucks (i.e. Lenox Hill) as a part of the FDNY 911 System, a few private companies are contracted out by hospitals (i.e. Montefiore, St. Barnabus, Beth Israel, Mt. Sinai, etc.) to staff EMS Ambulances that bear the hospitals name on the ambulance. Transcare is a pretty large provider of 911 EMS coverage in NYC, I believe SeniorCare was recently awarded a few contracts for hospitals to provide 911 service.

The fastest way into 911 per-diem is Transcare. Lennox Hill has been taken over by North Shore LIJ and they run their own ambulance fleet for their hospitals. No matter who you go with you have to do transport first. The hospitals pay the best so their retention is much better. Transcare has a much higher turnover so if you're flexible you'll be doing 911 quickly.

SeniorCare EMS

But they only do true 911 out of Brooklyn Hospital but have bases in the Bronx and Brooklyn and run ALS and BLS. Very per diem friendly and always hiring. PM me for me details.