Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
joetnymedic

Some Auction stuff I thought I'd pass on

1 post in this topic

First, let me say, I'm not a big fan on auctions, especially on sites like Ebay. That said, I have been popping on to a few sites lately and have had some good experiences, so I wanted to share them with you guys.

1. www.propertyroom.com - lots of confiscated stuff as well as police and fire surplus. Several scanners in really good condition went for a buck plus 5 bucks for shipping, so we jumped on those. In addition, they have a ton of Panasonic toughbooks up for grabs cheap. My son David just got one complete with shipping for $61.00 the unit was marked as in fair condition on the site but was in pretty good condition when we got it. We did get it sans OS but added one and it runs fine. Ours is a model CF-73 which we've seen going from between $500.00 to $1000.00 used up here so David bought this to sell as he has a brand new Sony Vaio that he uses. They also have some cars - some not so good, but we did see 2003 Yukon in pretty good shape go for 5K and to be honest if I could have bid on it, I would have.

Now, I get updates from my local State of CT auction. There's one coming up on 8/20 and it has a bunch of bikes (i.e. motorcycles) including a 98 Harley. Crown Vics go for decent money at these but the bikes usually go for a song so I figured I'd post the link with pics so that if anyone wanted to check it out, they could. I won't have cash till the beginning of September so I lose this time around as I spent the cash fixing up my truck as well as doing some work to the ex's Jeep and getting stuff for the house, etc. But I'll say this much, I'm putting money to the side next month just in case another one of these rolls around. I also took out cash to buy an old Ellington car I know I can get for around $3500.00 that is in pristine condition. If I lose it, I know where there's another coming up just in case. Anyway here's the link for the state auction if anyone wants to check it out.

Joe

http://das.ct.gov/fp1.aspx?page=275