Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
CFD320

WMC - Rant related to bump in the road.

4 posts in this topic

My lady friend has been a CCRN there for years; they have religiously deducted money from her pay for her retirement. Only problem is, they have never forwarded a SINGLE cent to NYS Retirement system. Now she is going to have to pay it again (directly to NYS this time) so she doesn’t lose the time. NYSNA is the absolute worst and most useless union in the country, they agree to givebacks every single contract! The union in the A&P I worked at in high school was better than them.

That place is on the brink of bankruptcy; a bump in the road is the least of their worries. The days of the medical center will soon come to an end unless the county takes the place back and pumps millions of tax dollars into it.

The management recently proposed to the Nurses union that each RN work an extra shift per 6 week work schedule FOR FREE. And when asked what the doctors were going to give back; well the answer to that has been the same for many years, NOTHING. And the worst part of the whole thing is they brought it back to the Nurses for approval ](*,) ](*,) ](*,) ](*,) ](*,)

Ok I'm finished sorry.....

Be careful not to infer that the doctors aren't taking a hit with the loss of money up there. That hospital is going out of business in the near future, that is a reality, unless a serious amount of money pumped in, and the nurses are not the only ones suffering. Granted they are, and for the most part, nurses are the backbone of hospital staffs, but doctors are losing out too, as are secondary staff (i.e. everyone other than the medical staff) and techs and stuff like that. If you need an example of the doctors being screwed, take a look at the ER and what's going on down there. What, did 6 of them have to leave? I know Haydock is running WPER now, and I saw at least two other WMC doctors there doing shifts, but I think at least 6-7 of them left...

The hospital has lots of financial problems, no one said the bump in the road was the largest of them. It was put here because it is a concern to EMS when they are bringing in patients. Last time I checked, the person boarded and collared after crashing into a tree at 70mph could care less about the financial crisis, and cares a whole lot more about the huge bump--and sharp pains--he just got unnecessarily as his ambulance pulls into the ED.

Whatever the issue, HazMat, bumps, nurses' salaries, ER docs, the hospital needs to solve the problems. If it is to function as the Level 1, premier hospital in Westchester County, it needs to be the best. It's far from that, and unfortunately, very inadequately prepared for many situations, some of which could be very bad: from terrorism to having no nurses on staff for an overnight in the ICU. True, the bump hardly seems an issue, but it is one of many that show the lack of impressiveness that a hospital such as Westchester should have.

If they deducted money from her pay with the intention of saving it for her retirement, but didn't forward the money to the appropriate agency, the answer is simple: they stole her money. There is no reason why she should pay the money again, especially if she had it taken out by her employer. I think the best course of action is to contact an attorney.

We already have, but that route takes years and she is up against a deadline with the retirement system. WMC is millions of dollars in arrears to the pension system, problem is if they pay it all out they will file bankruptcy......It's a no win! Sounds like a simple problem with a simple answer, but it isn't. Yes, thay have in effect solen her money. They will most likely not see that money returned unless the county (or other govenment agency) resumes control of the hospital. The railroad is the only industry that the government will subsidize to perpetually run in the red.