Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
joetnymedic

Panasonic Toughbook CF-73

3 posts in this topic

OK My Son David asked me to post this on here (btw pleasure to be the first one to post as well as the fact that I'd rather see this thing go to someone in emergency services instead of some regular guy that wouldn't really appreciate it) So anyway David has a CF-73 Toughbook that has just been gone over 100% by me. The hard drive was totally wiped clean using DOD protocol software, and it has a fresh install of XP Professional on it. 60gb hd, 512 ram, dvd/cd player/burner, brand new ac adapter and I forgot what else it has in it, ah and it does wifi and has the touch pad and touch screen. If anyone wants it they can either keep it with the xp pro or I would be happy to install windows 7 ultimate in it for ya. He wants $500.00 for it but if he knows it's someone from EMT Bravo and in EMS, etc, he'll probably be happy to sell it to ya. Just drop him an email at wwaunknownd@aol.com. In addition to the fresh install, I just updated all of the drivers and the bios to the latest versions too.

Thanks Guys,

Joe

This seems like a really good deal. How old is the computer? $500 is a great price for a toughtbook. And it will work just like if I got it from Panasonic?

yes it works freat. I may put some extra ram in it just for ha ha's David wants to sell it, and to be honest, if I didn't have a brand new laptop plus my netbook and a desktop at home which I never use, I'd buy it. it's a very nice machine. i'd be willing to put microsoft office and some other stuff in it for whoever too. it's a good deal. The other thing is, my guy over at Verizon called me the other day and offered me a real sweet deal on a tablet which I definately don't need but if I do the deal with him, and buy it, my bill with them actually decreases (that's right-lol I pay less) by almost 50 bucks a month. I'm actually giving the ex my netbook because I hardly use it too. I did go and see Chris (verizon guy) and checked out the tablet. It was real nice and for the price he's giving it to me for, it's a steal. I just don't like the fact that it's almost the same as using my cell phone, just bigger. So I'm on the fence as to whether or not to do it. Oh and BTW, while we were talking he actually told me that several ambulance services (TransCare for one) actually have employee discount programs with them. TransCare actually saves an employee between 20-20% on their bill. He did let me know though that some discounts are just for certain packages. This guy is great. Yeah he's a good salesman, but he also gives me a ton of iinfo, plus I had a problem with my netbook after the in store return period ended and i brought the netbook in and not only did they give me a new netbook, but they gsve me a better one plus transfered all of my stuff from the old one to the new one for me. Then he had the tech guy talk to me and I actually went to PCW here because my son Sean was having issues with his computer. I wound up buying a cradle and redoing Sean's hard drive plus a few of his friends. They were all quoted like over 100.00 a pop for the repairs they needed or the data transfers and even though I told them I'd do it for free, they tossed me a few bucks so for about an hours work, the cradle paid for itself. Anyway too much info. But yeah the toughbook is a good deal.

joe