Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
wiscems

Issue with the EMS exam

12 posts in this topic

Hi all,

I am currently working on civil service EMT exam and have completed every section, but for some reason when I view in progress exams, I get "You have until midnight of 09/27/2011 to complete your education and experience test paper. Continue". I have gone over it a dozen times and have completed every section they asked of me. Do they just leave this open until the 27th in case you want to come back and add something or am I missing something really obvious? I really appreciate any help.

Thanks!

Guessing this is the FDNY EMS exam. I haven't read this one, but in the past there was a separate part that had to be mailed in even when filling online. Call DCAS Monday morning and find out from them. When you call, get the name of the person you are talking to and keep track of who and when you call just in case there are any problems down the road.

Yeah I know the affirmation needs to be mailed which I sent out yesterday, perhaps they are waiting on receiving that before closing it out?

It stays open till the last day of filing, but call dcas to confirm that

It stays open till the last day of filing, but call dcas to confirm that

Thanks very much prucha! How sure are you this is the case? I have tried calling them but they are always wary to answer questions because they say they would be helping me with the "test" lol. I try to explain that I am just trying to ensure the "test" is complete but to no avail.

first off theyre being silly since it is not a true test. It is only experienced based. Second to answer your question I and my coworkers did the exam last year and had the same issue. I called dcas and they said the exam stays open till the last day of filing.

Alright, application appears to have been submitted! It does say "N/A" for tentative score, hope that isn't a sign.

Alright, application appears to have been submitted! It does say "N/A" for tentative score, hope that isn't a sign.

I believe it said that for me as well last year. Good luck! Hope to see you out on the streets soon!

I know a few people that have got letters already stating that they got their information and are establsihing a list.I applied and haven't got one yet any body else get a letter?

I know a few people that have got letters already stating that they got their information and are establsihing a list.I applied and haven't got one yet any body else get a letter?

I got a letter a few weeks ago, it pretty much just acknowledged receipt of the exam and said candidates would be notified when a list would be formed.

Pretty much the answer to all questions such as these if you still have not gotten one and are concerned it is to call DCAS haha. FDNY does not establish lists of any sort, the exam is done by DCAS and a list is put together by them as well. The FDNY is only involved once they call you from the list to start the hiring process. If you haven't gotten a list # and other people have, check your mail, if you're still concerned call DCAS and see what's up, it's not unheard of for them to make mistakes. Best of luck brother.

I called down there and the computer kept telling me that I completed the test and was on the list for the corrections officers exam.Anybody have a phone number for them that I could call and actually speak with a human?