Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
culatra

Volunteering in/near Newark NJ (FD)

7 posts in this topic

hello

I'm posting this topic because I have some doubts in to be firefighter in usa

I within a year I'm moving to Newark because I have family in that city and would like to continue to be a firefighter

but I know in my case is a little hard to be paid firefighter and i chose to be a volunteer firefighter.

I would like to join a fire department near the city of Newark and i would appreciate some suggestions for volunteer fire dept's or Combination Volunteer & Paid Fire Departments near of newarck city

culatra

hello

I'm posting this topic because I have some doubts in to be firefighter in usa

I within a year I'm moving to Newark because I have family in that city and would like to continue to be a firefighter

but I know in my case is a little hard to be paid firefighter and i chose to be a volunteer firefighter.

I would like to join a fire department near the city of Newark and i would appreciate some suggestions for volunteer fire dept's or Combination Volunteer & Paid Fire Departments near of newarck city

culatra

Anthing surround the City of Newark is career. In Essex County I think Livingston, Fairfield, Cedar Grove, Rosesland, Essex Fells, Verona, North Caldwell, and West Caldwell are all volunteer.

Bergen County: Lyndehurst, North Arlington, Wallington

Hudson County: Seacacus

Not to sure who is volunteer or mixed or all careeer in Union County. Elizabeth is all career.

Brian

Thanks for the suggestions.

I liked join the union fire department Union county because it is located near the city of Newark,

but do not know if I can because of this fire dept be

Combination Volunteer & Paid Fire Department

culatra

The Fire Department provides fire suppression, fire prevention and emergency medical care to the

Township of Union. In addition to fires and medical aids, the Department responds to other emergency

calls such as rescues, highway accidents, hazardous material incidents, etc. 93% of all Firefighters are

also certified Emergency Medical Technicians, the remaining are 1st responder qualified. All Firefighters

are certified to utilize Semi-Automatic External Defibrillators “SAED” that are carried on all fire apparatus,

ambulances and command vehicles. These “SAED” are available for all medical incidents from three (3)

decentralized locations providing minimum response times.

The Department operates five (5) in-service, five (5) recall/reserve fire apparatus, three (3) basic life

support ambulances, a tactical support unit, mobile decon unit, and three (3) special hazard response

vehicles from three (3) stations. The Union Fire Dept. is part of the Urban Area Security Initiative, and

staff a large caliber firefighting foam and water delivery system, used to combat the bulk fuel and

chemical fires on land and sea in the NJ/NY metro area. Fire Headquarters – 1 Bond Drive, Station

No. 2 – 2493 Vauxhall Road and Station No. 3 – 1221 Morris Avenue. All Stations are manned 24 hours

a day by career Firefighters.

In addition to a regular complement of one hundred seven (107) career firefighters, the Department

employs six (6) civilians. There are approximately seven (7) volunteer firefighters (paid on-call) who

respond to certain incidents via a radio paging system.

thanks

craigs71

NJMedic

Edited by culatra

So, can I join union fd as a volunteer, but I can only go a few incidents

i thought that the paid firefighter were on duty and after working hours the volunteers

take care of calls

know how often volunteer firefighters go to calls ?

culatra

Edited by culatra