Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
babhits16

NYS EMT CC?

10 posts in this topic

I have a few questions about the NYS EMT CC course. How long is it (i.e. 2 months, 2 weeks etc.), and how old do you have to be to take it? Sorry it's a silly questions, just wanna clear some things up.

While I don't know the length of a CC class, I can tell you that you must be 18 years old at least. All EMT exams require you be 18.

It says the document isn't available...

In a nutshell: you must first be an EMT basic. The EMT-CC course is basiclly the EMT-P course stripped down & without the clinical hrs. Approx. 400-500 hrs.

Edited by Ga-Lin

In a nutshell: you must first be an EMT basic. The EMT-CC course is basiclly the EMT-P course stripped down & without the clinical hrs. Approx. 400-500 hrs.

Thank you!

I am a former EMT-CC, its basically a Paramedic that cant do crycothyrotomy's (spellings bad I know) or administer Oxytocin in OB/GYN emergencies, and we needed more med-control permission than medics where they have more standing orders. But we could shock manually, start IV's, intubate, administer certain drugs. You need to be 18, and be a Basic EMT. Hope that helps more.

I have a few questions about the NYS EMT CC course. How long is it (i.e. 2 months, 2 weeks etc.), and how old do you have to be to take it? Sorry it's a silly questions, just wanna clear some things up.

Just out of curiosity why are you looking into the CC course instead of getting your Paramedic? I couldn't tell you the last time I've heard of a CC course. I know upstate I believe they use I's and CC's more because of the limited ALS units.

@ ALS....looks like he's from Suffolk....long island uses a lot of CCs if I'm not mistaken. But, I would have to agree - just get your medic, makes a lot more sense and there is far more opportunity.

Edited by Goose