Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Ga-Lin

Colorado's Unique Radio Standards

2 posts in this topic

I just read an interesting article in Emergency Management magazine by Colin Wood regarding Colorado's STATE WIDE interoperability training program. Thought the community might be interested. Image, all emergency responders trained in radio operations the same way, using the same language & terminology, What a concept! You can hit the link or go to the emergencymgmt.com home page & read a digital version of the Nov./Dec. art. (It contains a few paragraphs of additional remarks. However the link contains more details about the program content itself.

http://www.emergencymgmt.com/training/Unique-Radio-Standards-Training-Colorado.html

Edited by Ga-Lin

I just read an interesting article in Emergency Management magazine by Colin Wood regarding Colorado's STATE WIDE interoperability training program. Thought the community might be interested. Image, all emergency responders trained in radio operations the same way, using the same language & terminology, What a concept! You can hit the link or go to the emergencymgmt.com home page & read a digital version of the Nov./Dec. art. (It contains a few paragraphs of additional remarks. However the link contains more details about the program content itself.

http://www.emergencymgmt.com/training/Unique-Radio-Standards-Training-Colorado.html

Are you kidding me?? Get everyone on the same page? Talking in plain, simple, english language??

This is completely absurd!!!

The next thing you know, someone will suggest that we start to purchase our trucks, hose, gear, SCBA as a group bid.

Or worse yet, someone might suggest that my 1 square mile village of 1800 people does not need its own fully equipped fire department (complete with 147’ Schwing Ladder Truck and 40 Ton rescue crane).

This cannot be allowed to happen, we must continue to operate and behave under our own rules and fight the power! :P