Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
masterofmetal85

Pennsylvania EMS

5 posts in this topic

I started a similar topic discussing agencies in Connecticut. I'm a NYC medic residing in Brooklyn and I'm trying to expand my horizons outside NY so far not so much luck with CT. Either the company isn't hiring or I would need a CT drivers license in order to work there, which I don't have. Looking at PA I found a few companies:

Exeter Ambulance (Exeter township outside Reading)

White Rose ambulance (york)

Med-ex ambulance (halifax)

Welcome ambulance (philly area)

Suburban EMS (stroudsburg)

If anyone has input on these or other companies that come to mind( ie pay experience working there etc etc.) I'm not picky but I would prefer a mix of 911 and transport (more transport with a little 911 here and there) thanks

I started a similar topic discussing agencies in Connecticut. I'm a NYC medic residing in Brooklyn and I'm trying to expand my horizons outside NY so far not so much luck with CT. Either the company isn't hiring or I would need a CT drivers license in order to work there, which I don't have. Looking at PA I found a few companies:

Exeter Ambulance (Exeter township outside Reading)

White Rose ambulance (york)

Med-ex ambulance (halifax)

Welcome ambulance (philly area)

Suburban EMS (stroudsburg)

If anyone has input on these or other companies that come to mind( ie pay experience working there etc etc.) I'm not picky but I would prefer a mix of 911 and transport (more transport with a little 911 here and there) thanks

Many VFD's in PA run a career EMS crew during the day. I would contact VFD's in Adams, York, Cumberland, Dauphin, Franklin, and Lancaster counties and see if they're hiring. You'll get plenty of 911 and some txp work. For example my old department, Gettysburg FD in Adams County ran a career EMS crew 7a to 5p Monday thru Friday on the first ambulance out the door while the vollies staffed the second rig. They may have added more EMS staffing since I left or expanded the hours. In addition, White Rose staffed an ambulance and wheelchair van at Gettysburg FD's station for inter facility txp for the multitude of nursing homes in the area.

I'm looking more for private companies. White Rose is one I found I don't know much about though nor much about how EMS works in general in PA. I know for most of CT and NY outside NYC private companies are tied into local 911 and supply ALS to nearby towns and cities through contracts all the while switching up with transports (ALS and BLS) with an EMT and Medic staffed ambulance. I'm guessing PA is a little similar. So I'm looking for basically something like that setup. At this point pay isn't much important I know CT pays a lot in the MId 20s NY is high teens to low 20s I have feeling PA might be less then NY but whereever I can get it ill take for now. I just don't know many companies outside the ones I mentioned

Sorry, late to this thread but, AVOID "Welcome" ambulance. I will PM you why.

Also, White Rose in York County does City of York 911 as well as BLS/ALS/CCT transfers.