Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
EdAngiolillo

LODD? Nope! Grim Reaper Defeated!

1 post in this topic

A local story that's hitting close to home for me: File under "The System Worked!"

On Monday, April 30, Ron Immel, EMT/Supervisor for Good Fellowship Ambulance Club, responded to a medical call, along with Chester County Hospital Medic 91.

While packaging the patient, Ron went to secure Medic 91's car when someone heard him collapse. Immediately, personnel found him unconscious behind 55's ambulance. He was found to be in V-Fib arrest,...CPR was initiated and he was defibrillated at the scene back into a sinus rhythm, ultimately regaining full consciousness upon arrival at CCH!

As of today, after a battery of tests, the cause was unknown and he is scheduled to be discharged tomorrow.

I can't attest to Ron's overall state of health, but as emergency providers, we work long hours, endure rapid escalations of stress, and probably don't eat the healthiest of meals when on-duty.

Personally, this time last year, I was 270 lbs, had tremendous back pain (in part due to advancing arthritis) and lost so much sleep I was nodding off at work. I'm now down to 225 and I have a few more to go (so says my doc :P ), but its not all about me - we all need to look after ourselves. We all won't have Ron's good fortune to be surrounded by a lot of competent care providers.

Stay safe, brothers (and sisters)!

PEMO3, comical115, ems-buff and 6 others like this