Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
pasobuff

9/11 event on 5-31-12 in Albany

1 post in this topic

I know this is late notice, but I just got the information myself - and I was asked to share......so, if anyone is in the neighborhood, or feels like coming up.....

Dear Commissioner [insert Name],

Please join Speaker Sheldon Silver and me for a special tribute to the heroes who worked or volunteered countless hours after the attacks of September 11, 2001. On May 31, 2012, we will host an event in honor of the World Trade Center rescue and recovery volunteers and workers. As you may recall, May 30, 2002, marked the end of the rescue and recovery operation at the former World Trade Center site. Thousands of New Yorkers worked or volunteered during the days and months leading up to that day, a decade has now passed and this will likely be the last formal ceremony marking the lengths that regular people will go when faced with extraordinary circumstances.

Your agency played a significant role in the City and State of New York’s response to the World Trade Center disaster. Please feel free to share this letter with those members of your department who were involved with the 9/11 response. They are invited to attend the event at their own expense. At the same time, please prepare a brief biography of one or two of your members and include a photograph so that we can feature them on picture boards that will be set up in the Well. Please submit all materials by Friday, May 18, 2012, in order to allow sufficient time for preparation and display. Materials should be sent to my Albany office at 326 Legislative Office Building, Albany, New York 12248.

This event, which will begin at 10:30 a.m., will be held in the Well of the Legislative Office Building in Albany. Speaker Silver and other dignitaries will serve as guest speakers. The events of 9/11 continue to inspire New Yorkers to perform even greater acts of heroism and civic duty; and, this is our chance to show how grateful and honored we continue to be of their service to the people of the City and State of New York. At the conclusion of the ceremony, your members are invited to go to the New York State Museum in the Plaza and view the exceptional memorial display of the 9/11 tragedy.

On behalf of Speaker Sheldon Silver, thank you for your participation in this important event. If you have any questions, please contact my Chief of Staff, Ms. Maureen Allen, at (718) 457-0384, or by email at allenm@assembly.state.ny.us. You may also contact my Albany office manager, Ms. Joan Ragone at (518) 455-4545 or by email at ragonej@assembly.state.ny.us.

Sincerely,

Michael DenDekker

Member of Assembly