Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
EMTbravo

"Thread Hijacking"

5 posts in this topic

Recently, I've noticed several threads which have gone off topic or have been "hijacked" by certain members to hold their own conversations, or make humorous remarks between each other that have nothing to do with a thread.

I feel this is rude and disrespectful to the person creating the thread. There is no need for the amount of times this has been occuring on this forum.

Any posts that cause a thread to go significantly off topic, are hijacked, or uneccesary or unrelated comments are posted WILL be deleted.

I'm growing quite tired of it, as are several members. Please be respectful to the member creating the post, and keep the uneccesary and hijacking remarks out.

Well said

AMEN, BROTHER!!!!

Seth, you working today?

J/K - good point!!!

TRANSITIVE VERB: Inflected forms: hi·jacked, hi·jack·ing, hi·jacks

1a. Informal To stop and rob (a vehicle in transit). b. To steal (goods) from a vehicle in transit. c. To seize control of (a moving vehicle) by use of force, especially in order to reach an alternate destination. 2a. To steal from as if by hijacking. b. To swindle or subject to extortion.

NOUN: The act or an instance of hijacking.

ETYMOLOGY: Probably back-formation from highjacker, perhaps from jacker, holdup man, from jack, to jacklight.

Is hijacking a little strong, or am I doing it now? The only thing I'm sure of is that I'm in trouble now