Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
dwcfireman

NYS DRIVE Act

2 posts in this topic

"Just a month after the passage of the New York state Secure Ammunition and Firearms Enforcement Act (SAFE), comes another noble nanny-state proposal from the office of Governor Andrew Cuomo. The New York Directive to Regulate Inessential Vehicle Effectiveness Act (DRIVE) seeks to limit the capabilities of so-called "assault vehicles" which contributed to the deaths of 1,077 people and injury to over 128,000 on New York State roadways in 2011. The city of New York reported another 250 deaths and over 49,000 injuries resulting from vehicular assaults in the same period."

This is the opening paragraph of an article I just read (found at http://www.policymic.com/articles/28140/nys-drive-act-would-ban-ferraris-and-other-assault-vehicles/665421).%C2'>

"If passed, the DRIVE Act would ban the sale of these "assault vehicles" within New York State. Residents would be required to transfer or sell the vehicles out of state or turn them over to the NYS Department of Motors Vehicles (DMV) within one year. After one year, these vehicles would be banned from operation on NYS roadways. Violation through possession would result in charges of a Class D Felony, punishable by no more than 5 years in prison and a $7,500 fine.

Other provisions of the DRIVE Act include,

— Enhanced Driving Record checks to ensure those who have committed a vehicular crime in the past no longer have access to their weapon of choice.

— Bans on spoilers, low profile tires, ground effects kits, and the color red. In addition to many other speed enhancements.

— Bans on tinted windows for concealed occupant carry.

— Passenger limits of four persons per vehicle. Current vehicle capacity is exempted under the regulations as long as no more than four persons are loaded into the vehicle.

— Bans on passenger vehicles with a curb weight exceeding 4,000 lbs or more than 200 horsepower.

— Bans on commercial pickup trucks with greater than a half-ton bed capacity or greater than 400 foot-pounds of torque.

— Along with mandatory reporting of "large quantity" fuel purchases that could indicate use for illegal activity."

According to these ridiculous guidelines I would have to sell me beloved Chevy Silverado because it's too heavy and too powerful...And every fire department with RED apparatus will have to repaint the rigs (I'm sure there would be some sort of exemption, but I like to believe that elected officials are actually dumb enough to consider this...reasoning because the only thing government leaders are capable of are voting themselves a raise whe they feel they "did good" (strong opinonhere)).

Someone PLEASE tell me this is fake.

Ignore this....I spoke too soon....it is fake haha