wiscems

Help Understanding EMT-Basic/EMT Transition

11 posts in this topic

Hi all,

I am hoping someone can clear this up for me. My NYS (and National) EMT are up next spring. I have heard conflicting things about when we need to complete the transition course. Can someone give me a definitive answer? Is there some date by which if it is not completed they will pull your card? Must it be completed by a certain date to even renew in the first place?

Thanks - what a nightmare. I'm thinking of just doing the online. Any ideas of a class being offered around here anytime soon?
?

EMS92 likes this

after you recert I would suggest hopping into a CME program where the CIC can keep track of your CME hours and what you have to complete. And tell me about the nightmare...luckily enough I don't have to go through this but I feel bad for the ones that do...everything has to be so confusing for them. I know people in my CME program had so many questions about this and when do you they have to get everything in.

and you're welcome it's not a problem just trying to help :)

Yeah the problem is not all of them offer the transition course which is what is so hard to find.

oh ok...well these were sites that were given to me and my class for the ones who were under the gun and needed to recert with the new standers