Followers 0
Westchester

Irvington - 2nd Alarm 11-9-13

1 post in this topic

"Date:11/10/13
Time:13:41
Incident Type:Building fire 2nd alarm
District:Irvington NY
Units: Irvington 2201, 2202, E178, L36,R49, Dobbs Ferry 2091, 2093, E47, TL23, DFVAC, Elmsford fast team L55,Tarrytown L37, Bat14
Relocation Tarrytown E80, Hastings On Hudson L22,
Description: Fire in a kitchen at A/B corner, 2 story mixed use commercial building, building is still occupied.
Under Control at 14:21 hrs
Units being released, including FAST. 14:26 hrs"

if i missed anything feel free to add info

Great job by every Emergency Responder. But I hate to beat a dead horse. Notice on "Units" I see DFVAC. Where the hell is Irvington Volunteer Ambukance Corps. I feel this is a disgrace and a embarssment to the Village of Irvington and IVAC for not being able to have a crew to respond to a working fire right down the hill from their headquarters. Greenburgh ALS was there Tarrytown police and TVAC was also there. Even customers were there stranded in the parking lot. Thank God everbody was safe because if someone had smoke inhalation ( Customer or First Responder ) and your own Village can't get a crew out. That's some sad crap! There is no excuse for this! Lives are on the line ! I love this Village and seeing this was very upsetting to me. Does IVAC even get out anymore and what is the Village, County or Department of Health going to step in and do something.

Edited by Westchester