Lakehurst, NJ Firefighter II/EMT-D Job

3 posts in this topic

Navy Lakehurst Fire Department

Lakehurst, NJ

Navy Lakehurst Firefighters IAFF Local F-114

Looking to put on 5 Firefighter II/EMT-D

Salary range

44,159.96 - 57,429.84

It's easy! You can apply for this announcement on-line by simply clicking on the "Apply Now" button. If you submit your resume on-line, it will normally be processed no later than two business days from receipt.

Qualifications

Fireifgter I

Firefighter II

EMT-D

All eligibility and qualification requirements must be met by the referral date. Applicants must meet time in grade requirements as described by 5 CFR 300 Subpart F. Positions in this series may include individual occupational requirements or positive educational requirements. Please refer to OPM Qualification Standards Operating Manual for General Schedule positions Part III Index at http://www.opm.gov/qualifications/index.htm.

All eligibility and qualification requirements must be met by the cut-off for the position. The new Department of Defense Fire and Emergency Services Minimum Qualification Standards and Certification Requirements became effective June 1, 2000. If you possess any of these certifications, please list each certification and the level you hold in your resume. For Fire Fighter (GS-5 and above) certification levels Fire Fighter I and II and Airport Fire Fighter I are required. Positions at grade level GS-5 and above also require one year of specialized experience equivalent to the next lower level in work related to the position to be filled. Positions at the GS-4 level require one year of general experience. In addition, applicants selected at these entry level (GS-4) positions must successfully complete any and all required training, to include becoming certified at Fire Fighter I and II levels and the Airport Fire Fighter level, if applicable, within a maximum of 12 months following their date of appointment. Airport Fire Fighter certification is not required for locations without a flying mission. However, if the individual relocates to an activity with a flying mission, the individual is required to become certified at that level. DoD Hazardous Materials Awareness is a prerequisite for the Fire Fighter I certification level and DoD Hazardous Materials Operations is a prerequisite for the Fire Fighter II and Airport Fire Fighter certification levels. For Driver Operator at the GS-5 and 6 grade levels the following certification levels are required: Apparatus Driver Operator for Pumpers, ARFF, Aerials, Tillers, Water Tenders. If the employing activity does not have any of these vehicles, the certification for that apparatus is not required. However, if the individual relocates to an activity with these vehicles, the individual is required to become certified at the appropriate certification level. For Dispatchers/Alarm Room Operators at the GS-4, 5 and 6 grade levels certification levels Telecommunicator II and HAZMAT Awareness are required. For Lead Fire Fighter (Crew Chief), GS-6 and 7, the following certification levels are required: Fire Officer I, Fire Instructor I, Fire Inspector I, and Airport Fire Fighter. For Fire Inspector GS-5, 6, 7 and 8 grade levels the following certifications are required

5 New Firefighters should be on the job by April 12. Results have been sent out on March 3.

Agility Test to be complete some time in the next 2 weeks