CHIEFPHIL

City of Danbury Ct

5 posts in this topic

==============================================================

From the Sunday, June 19th edition of The News-Times

FIREFIGHTER

City of Danbury

Salary: $44,994/yr.

The City of Danbury is currently accepting applications for entry-level Firefighters. Requirements: must be a United States Citizen; 18 years of age or older, as required by law; have a high school diploma or equivalent; and valid driver's license. Applicant must pass a battery of tests including written, oral, physical ability, psychological and physical examinations, as well as an extensive background investigation. The City of Danbury encourages qualified women and minorities to apply. A non-refundable fee of $75 must be submitted to obtain an applicaiton and orientation material booklet. The fee must be paid by money order or certified bank check made payable to the City of Danbury, Civil Service. No application will be mailed unless the $75 application fee is paid and a self-addressed, stamped, 9" x 12" envelope is included to the City of Danbury, Personnel/Civil Service, 155 Deer Hill Ave., Danbury, CT. 06810. Last day for filing applications: no later than Jul!

y 20, 2005, 4:30 P.M.

EOE/M-F

Info on dept.

Combo dept

5 career engine co

1 career truck co

ems first responder

12 volunteer co = 5 single piece eng co, 2 squad co 5 multi pie ce co.

new station and new engine co being developed for operations on west side near airport/nys line

does Danbury use the CPAT for the physical?

I spoke with my contact at DFD today, he told me that the $ 75 fee includes taking the CPAT. After the written test they will send you to the test. That is the info I got this morning. Although, he did tell me it would be a good idea to have a current cpat card... he did not have a time frame as to how long they would honor, or even if they would honor existing cards.

No, there is no residency requirement.