Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Guest DFFD227

County Center Drill?

3 posts in this topic

Tonight I heard a lot of departments going up to the Valhalla training center. Im not sure, but only departments from battalion 12 went. What was this training exercise about, and what did you guys do there?

hey, tuesday nite 11/18 and last thursday 11/13 at the WCFTC battalion 14 and 19 drilled together on fire attack, and truck company operations, stand pipe ops, and the use of straight sticks and tower ladders to enter search and rescue teams. Last thursday consisted of Ardsley, Fairview, Hartsdale, Dobbs ferry, Sleepy HalloW and Tarrytown, and tuesday was Hartsdale Fairview Hastings Dobbs Ferry Elmsford and irvington. tuesdays drill being the 2nd time around was much better organized and i felt alot was learned, both buildings were assigned at least 2 truck companies and a egnine company with a fast team and the remainder were kept in staging. it was a interesting site to see 3 aierals up to the training tower at once puttin search teams in on different cfloors all the while engine companies were attackin a fire on the lower floors witht he stand pipes, all the while the burn building had varrious crews doing search and rescue and fire attack, alot was learned form the differnet ways departments do things as well as how to get around the problems of different radio frequencies and this was the time to learn what needed to be corrected not on a actual fire ground where people are counting on you. i hope to see these types of drills continue in the future and hope that we can continue to take the trainig to the next level.