Followers 0
Guest ocff75

West Point, NY Fire Captain Job

1 post in this topic

West Point Fire & Emergency Services

Fire Captain

$$ 56,900- 67,800

USMA West Point, New York

certifications:Firefighter II ,NYS EMT, Fire Officer I, Fire Inspector I, Fire Instructor I, Haz-mat Awareness Operations,Haz-Mat IC

Duties: Makes immediate determinations as to the manner in which the firefighters and equipment can be best utilized to fight structural, chemical, liquid fuel, and brush fires. Takes immediate action to rescue any persons trapped in the burning area, to effectively bring the fire under control, and to extinguish it. Assists in determining fire origin and cause; presents findings to supervisor for inclusion in formal report. Conducts demonstrations and lectures to instruct crew members concerning firefighting techniques, and fire protection and prevention methods. Instructs firefighters concerning proper methods of rescue work, including removal and handling of victims from burning buildings, and the administering of first aid. Inspects and/or supervises inspection by crew members for fire hazards in all types of structures. Responds to emergency EMS calls to ensure preliminary care is provided. Takes vital signs, stabilizes victim, stops any external bleeding and records information.

Qualifications: Click on link below to view qualification standard. General Schedule SPECIALIZED EXPERIENCE: One year of experience at the GS-6 level. Specialized experience is such duties which may include (1) controlling or extinguishing fires as a member of an organized military, industrial, volunteer, or governmental fire department or brigade; (2) rescue operations; (3) detection, reduction, or elimination of potential fire hazards; (4) operation of fire communications equipment; (5) controlling hazardous materials incidents and/or (6) developing, implementing, or providing training in fire protection and prevention. Shift work is 72 hrs per week. Physical is required. Class D drivers license is required. Must have the following certifications:Firefighter II ,NYS EMT, Fire Officer I, Fire Inspector I, Fire Instructor I, Hazmat Awareness Operations & IC. Applicants who have held a General Schedule (GS) position within the last 52 weeks must meet the Time in Grade Restriction. One year of experience in the same or similar work equivalent to at least the next lower grade or level requiring application of the knowledge, skills, and abilities of the position being filled. Must have 52 weeks of Federal service at the next lower grade (or equivalent).

being filled. Must have 52 weeks of Federal service at the next lower grade (or equivalent). Other Information: Permanent Change of Station (PCS) expenses are not authorized. Other Requirements: Position is designated as Emergency Essential. A medical examination is required. Must comply with Drug Abuse Testing Program requirements. You will be required to provide proof of U.S. Citizenship. Maximum 37 years of age restriction. Male applicants born after December 31, 1959 must complete a Pre-Employment Certification Statement for Selective Service Registration. Direct Deposit of Pay is Required. Position requires employee to wear a uniform and/or protective clothing. You must include the announcement number on your application. One year trial/probationary period is required. How to Apply: Self-nomination must be submitted by the closing date. Resume must be on file in our centralized database. If your resume is currently in our central database, you may click here to Self Nominate Click here to use the Army Resume Builder to create your resume. Follow the instructions in this vacancy announcement to apply for the job. You may send your resume via surface mail to: Department of the Army, Central Resume Processing Center, 314 Johnson Street, Aberdeen Proving Ground, MD 21005-5283