Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
SHFD781

FDNY Question

7 posts in this topic

I was looking at the photographs of the different FDNY apparatus on 10-75.net and I was wondering what is the difference between a Battalion and a Division? All the different trucks looked exactly the same, so that can't be the difference.

Also is there a difference between a Maxi Water Unit and a Satellite? Once again they looked exactly the same.

I was looking at the photographs of the different FDNY apparatus on 10-75.net and I was wondering what is the difference between a Battalion and a Division?  All the different trucks looked exactly the same, so that can't be the difference. 

Also is there a difference between a Maxi Water Unit and a Satellite?  Once again they looked exactly the same.

Battalion is the Battalion chief that over sees several firehouses in an area of the city.

Division oversee several Battalions. Just a ranking thing. Cars look the same, carry most of the same things. Division also has the command board for setting up a command post.

Maxi Water is an old name, Satellite is the newer name. They are the same thing.

Thanks tbendick that help alot

What do Satellites do?.. used for

What do Satellites do?.. used for

From what I understand they are used basically as a hose cart. They carry a large amount of hose. They also carry a large amount of foam.

Sat 1 This is another topic here on EMTBRAVO it should help answer any other questions.

From what I understand they are used basically as a hose cart.  They carry a large amount of hose.  They also carry a large amount of foam.

Sat 1        This is another topic here on EMTBRAVO it should help answer any other questions.

The main thing the Satelitte is used for is the LDH for a water supply, they carry about 2500' and the Manifold. They will drop the LDH from the Manifold to the Pumper which is 2000gpm, note the Satelitte does not have a pump. The Manifold will be setup in front of the building to supply all the handlines.

Wow tbendick you really know your stuff, u know a lot about FDNY i never knew the difference between the 2.