Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
ems-buff

WEMS- Are they hiring now?

15 posts in this topic

Does anyone know if there are any opening for WEMS and what area to they cover ? any help whould be greatly appreciated

i will let you know i forgot its in kisco which whould be a trip for me from NEW RO i'll ask a friend that works for ya cheekylol maybe he can tell me whats up

We have stations in White Plains, Sleepy Hollow, and Bronxville. Perhaps one of those would be more suitable for you than Mount Kisco?

I'll be dropping off my application this week for a part time slot as a dispatcher.

JBE,

Don't drop it off to WEMS HQ in Kisco. Make sure you call the HR number (914-273-5454x273) and talk to Janet. All applications go through her. You can probably call and setup an appointment so you can drop off your application and CV/resume at the same time, saving you a trip.

whats the experience neccesary to be a dispatcher?

Edited by BMFD409

It always helps to have experience in the related field. However we do all dispatch training on site.

Edit: Note the change in the extension.

Westchester EMS is always accepting applications. We especially need dispatchers and paramedics, but EMTs are always in demand. We service the entire Westchester County area with emphasis on our parent hospitals: Phelps, White Plains, Lawrence, and Northern Westchester. Email jobs@westchesterems.org or call Janet Pawlowski at 914-273-5454x223 for more information. Applications and job descriptions (soon to be updated) are available online at westchesterems.org. You can PM me if you have any specific questions.

What are the hours like? I was wondering if they would let me work 5 shifts in a row?

What are the hours like? I was wondering if they would let me work 5 shifts in a row?

No more than 16 hours at a time

No more than 16 hours at a time

Riggghhht..................

I'm still waiting to hear back after having my interview.

QT-

EMT-is required, I believe.

No civil service test.

Pulse, brain, positive attitude also needed.

No grouchy hairbags.

Call Janet at 914-273-5454 x2 for more info.

Can you work also as an EMT? If you are primarily a dispatcher, I think you can pick up OT on the bus, but they aren't really doing split schedules.

It can't hurt to apply their headquarters are out of mount kisco and they run all over westchester county.