Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

Tips for the WC FF Agility

4 posts in this topic

I was wondering if anyone has any tips for the Westchester FF agility given at the fire training center?

Upper body strength and hand grip strength. The most intimidating portion of that test for some is the monkey bars. It takes technique and strength. If you can find a way to get in there and give it a try that is great. If you can do it with bunkers on even better adds more weight. Just don't do it too close to the test or the ladder that is used for it will tear your hands up a bit. Other then that, stay calm....work out, and get hydrated prior to the test for 48 hours or so.

can any one tell me the stairwell they use during the firefigter agility test is it the outside or the inside and what areas do people have trouble the most with and is Mount Vernon fire test the same as White Plains.

Guys,

If your on the towns and villages list and didnt take the Mt. Vernon or White Plains test the best advice is to take your time. You have approx. 5 minutes to complete every station. The only ones that take more than a minute or so were the ladder climb and the stairs. I finished both in about 3 minutes.

If your on the Mt. Vernon and White Plains list start getting in shape and working out big time. I suggest cardiac because there really isnt much heavy lifting going, you just need to be able to get through it as fast as you can.

Good luck to all.