Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
lickeystickey

1 post in this topic

U know i see where everyone is coming from but the only thing i have to say is that we as fireman forget the real reason we do it. Yes its becuase we want to help save/protect people/ protect thier property , provide a service to a city a town what have u.   But the one thing and the only thing that keeps me doing it is that i love doing it. Now im a volli hopefully paid some day. I just dont see the big FU***** deal with volunteering. I know that they keep saying its a union thing but its not when i leave work from my job i volunteer its not a problem with my union as a matter of fact we volunteer while working so nobody can give you that line of crap. People (the higher ups) need to remeber its a service to help people a service of brotherhood a bond you wont get with anyother job wehter its done volunteering or paid the service is thier. And to say that were taking jobs away lol what a load of crap we were volunteering in the fire service before we were paid and its up to the village, town etc officials not us if were doing a good job providing a good enough service than your taxes being cheaper pay off in 2 ways not just 1.  :angry:  :angry:

It's about union members volunteering in combination depts. How would your union brothers feel about you volunteering to work on a union job site to save a municipality from haveing to hire one of your union brothers. If your not in a FD union then go ahead and be a volunteer and good luck on getting hired.

Edited by lickeystickey