Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
houlidsa

Near Miss System

1 post in this topic

Has anyone taken the time to look at the www.firefighternearmiss.com and if so what is your opinion? In fact do you think you have something worth posting there? I've taken a few minutes since it was on firehouse.com just to see what guys are posting and do some searching to see if guys share any close calls to see if anyone has had similar experiences to myself. I've read a bunch of them and I think this has merit but I don't think everyone posting should be posting or maybe are not posting what they should be posting. Example there is one about a guy who didn't have his mask on so he slowed the team down and that was reported as a possible cause for a possible fatality I'm not buying it. There is a great one about a guy that the floor collapsed and the RIT rescued him, great near miss story, but in the lessons learned it was only told what went right to safe him. Not the truly helpful part that should have talked about what he did wrong to have gotten trapped or what decisions led him to that problem. I know its new so I'm trying not to be critical but I'd like your honest opinion on this and your near miss stories! No BS stories I don't have time for it.