Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

FF List #2043

14 posts in this topic

Does anyone have an idea about how high the city will get on the current firefighter list? I've heard the new test will be in Dec. of 2006 and that new list won't be active until late 2007 or '08. Anyone have the word? Will they be hiring many more of the current list?

I believe they have canvased through like #2350, I'm #1432 and have gone through the "interview", psyc, and doctor's physical. I'm actually stuck at the dr. physical, medical hold, due to an injury I had as a kid. What I have heard is that the letters for the Sept class should have gone out or be going out soon. Then another class in Jan. of 250. There was also a promotional exam that will be adding about a hundred into the pool also. I guess the simple answer is anyone too far above 3000 will most likely have to test again. Sorry I can't help you anymore, in fact I wish I knew more.

does anyone know what list # their up to after the sept? class I know they were at high 1300's before the sept. class.

check out the FDNY website, http://www.fdny.org/ , from tehre you can find out any job info you want, including which list number they are up to (1372). Figure the list runs for 4 yrs, with the 4th year clowing down quickly. You can be safe to assume they'll get through at the very least 3000 names.

Anyone here in the process?? If you've recieved any information or interview dates, please post your list position.

buddy of mine is going for interview in FEB. hes in the #2700 area

I'm #2372 on the list and i went for my psych today.....

fyi...instructor at the rock told me yesterday that he has only heard of an additional class of 250 or 300 around March...but they do not divulge much info to instructors...good luck to all

Talk is that things will just continue to run as usual, March.....Sept.......Jan......ect. ect.

I'm curious to see how much of an impact the new contract will have on the drop out rate. The new salary is not attractive so perhaps there will be less people just taking the job because its steady work and a city job. Also, I believe that police cannot transfer over with their time or currant pay rate, might be less coming over.

Seems like 1 of every 2 has taken the job so far, whats going to happen now?

Anybody know what the take home salary is each week during the academy? I'm #2856 on the list, just received my investigative packet and I'm trying to budget. Thanks for any info.

if you are worried about that alraedy , forget it , the pay sucks!! im pretty sure by the time you get on it will be 25 k , good luck

Think at # 3500 i have a chance

The long term:

New Test: Oct. 6 2006

New List from Test: March 4 2008

How deep into list 2043 will they go? Who knows?

They seem to be keeping with the currant program of 3 classes a year or so.

How much will the new contract effect list churn?

Whats going to happen seems to be anyone's guess.

Have newer, better info? Please correct or update.