Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
RWC130

Peekskill -Police MVA w/Pin 3-2-04

4 posts in this topic

Peekskill Police Officer Frankie Alecia was involved in a head-on collision at approx. 0130 HRS on Tuesday, March 2, 2004.

Officer Alecia was traveling along North Division Street in Peekskill when his car was hit head on by a van. Officer Alecia managed to radio for help and at that point the two people in the van fled the scene on foot.

Police eventually caught up with the driver 17-year-old Obando Lopez. He is charged with leaving the scene of an accident and driving drunk. Meanwhile, police are still looking for the other passenger.

Peekskill VAC, Peekskill Fire Dept. E134, E133, Peekskill FD Paramedic 39-M1, Cortlandt Paramedic 35-M2, and numerous PPD Officers were on the scene. PO Alecia had to be extricated from his police car. He was transported to WMC by Stat Flight where he is listed in stable condition.

Great job by Police, Fire, and EMS.

Frankie is going to be OK.

PO Alecia is thankfully reported to be doing well. He is very fortunate considering the MOI.

Another fine job of Peekskills emergency services and testament to the high level of service provided by Peekskill FD ALS.

Hey now, I helped too! 8) Seriously tho, I was impressed that everyone was able to keep a cool head and do thier jobs very quickly and efficiently. Many other places I work half the people would be running around like chickens sans heads. A job well done to all involved.

I was a part of this collision with the EMS crew and i was definately impressed with the way that everything was handled. Also i was wondering if anyone had any pictures of the incident. I know that bothe cars were in ruins and Police Officer Alicea is definately lucky. I hope that he is up and at work again soon.