Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
lickeystickey

1 post in this topic

Guys-

If they are going to film an important/emotional moment- they could have waited until the  PASS alarm testing or whatever was finished...  I realize that it is a "reality" show- but give me a break, it is not ALL filmed on-the-go, there are a lot of set-up scenes.

I still stand by my statement that it is totally careless of a Lieutenant to go on TV and say "you basically try to stand upwind..." after the narrator has just told the audience that car fires pose the dangers of explosion and poisonous gasses.

Remember- a lot of people watching the show have no working knowledge of firefighting.  Its called the Discovery Channel... lets hope that people aren't "discovering" that some of this country's bravest are taking un-necessary risks. 

The Boston guys not wearing their masks at a car fire will continue to irritate me just as much as Paulie, Vinny and Rick welding with the "close-your-eyes" method on American Chopper.

If Discovery Channel is all about teaching and informing... they should try to teach by example.

242steve

I think it takes a big set of you know whats for you to post this considering A quote from you at a dumpster fire not to long ago. I believe it went something like " I don't need a pack its only a dumpster and I am upwind." People who live in glass house's should not F@#$ sheep.