Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Remember585

Where did my post go?

17 posts in this topic

I'm not allowed to post things that are bothering me? Is this what happened to the post I made last night?

Anyone know where it went? I didn't spend 20 minutes writing for nothing.

Seems as if the powers that be also have a problem with constructive criticism.

At this stage, I don't care if the moderators give me a lifetime ban from the site. The list of acceptable posts is much shorter than that of the unacceptable posts. I think there is an ego trip being taken and no one is welcome for the ride.

At this stage, I don't care if the moderators give me a lifetime ban from the site. The list of acceptable posts is much shorter than that of the unacceptable posts. I think there is an ego trip being taken and no one is welcome for the ride.

I wouldn't go that far dude. There have been a lot of post's by people that have NO FREAKIN clue of what's going on, and bashing the people that did and were trying to make the record right. All I’m saying is if you don't like the way things are going. Then ether try to make it better by just asking the moderators or just leave. It's that simple. There’s no ego trip. It's just people that they are trying to make it a place where professionals can come and discuss events that have and/or had happen or try to improve there skills. I’ve talk to some very nice people on here and they’ve help me a lot with work related problems. They know who they are on here, and that’s what this place is for. It’s a hangout or a place to see what’s going on in the county and recently around the U.S. not to talk about Paid or Volunteer , or Medic v. EMT, or to say this department should of done this, or that department suck or whatever. It’s people like that who know the rules about this place and knowingly disobeys them that the moderators are getting tried of, and I say boot them if you have too.

Just my 2 cents

P.S. if anyone is ofened by this post i'm sorry. I just thought is had to be said.

im not sure about the ego trip, but i agree with your other statements. Since i joined a couple of years ago, seems like there has been a dramatic restriction on our freedom of speech, which i think many can agree with is not a good thing. Im all for the spelling and gramatical error things, even though im sure most of my posts are filled with errors, as well as restricting members who are not accosiated with a dept. Sure the paid vs. volly got old after a while same with blue light scandles and consperacies, but maybe there should be a section of the forum where people should enter with a thick skin, grit and bear it, and take some monday morning quaterbacking from some old tymers or more experianced members. I sure wouldnt mind being told when im doing something wrong, hell, i wanna be the first to know so i can fix it for next time!

theres alot more that i can rant and rave about but its 0130 and i have school tomorrow.

emsjunkie712 signing off, night all and keep safe

edit: sry if i offended anyone, just my thoughts

Edited by EMSJunkie712

It seems to me criticism is frowned upon and we all live in such a wonderful place. Yeah ok, just keep telling yourselves that.

Do I care about the errors in grammar and spelling?? Not anymore. I realize people out there just didn't pay attention in class.

Five bucks says this thread will be gone before sunset today. And, if it is gone, my point will be proven.

I'm assuming that we're all talking about the same thread (about how to make the site and forum better). I'm with you guys. I just went back and looked and my post from yesterday, which had nothing negative to it at all, has been removed. While this is a private site and there really isn't much of a right to free speech, I do think it is a bit of a slap in the face to have things removed without a note (PM) or topic posting stating that it had been removed and why it had been removed. I agree with EMSBuff that there are people posting on here who don't have a clue, but on the whole, I agree with Engine 235 and JBE; the forum has become too "anal," for the lack of a better word, on what appears in its topics and the list of acceptable posts has become much shorter over the last 2 years. For those of you who know me, you know that I had a different name on here when I originally joined. I left due to a situation regarding my posts (I took some heat for posting NJ incidents that I was part of), but I came back to the board to give it a second chance because it was the first time I was part of something that educated me both outside of school and outside the boundaries of my job. (Ironically, about 6 months after I came back, the LA posts started popping up, not that I find fault or anything with them.) I have 461 posts and I am a moderator, and I believe that I moderate fairly. I don't unnecessarily squeltch a thread or post, but if I have to, I always send a PM to a user and explain why I find the post to be objectionable. Furthermore, I always include suggestions on how to make the objectionable post better and a little less abrasive. I believe that by doing that, I am demonstrating the proper respect to all of you; all of whom I consider colleagues. However, and this is not a shot at anyone in particular, I ask for that same respect in return. If you're going to kill a thread, please send a PM first. If you're going to kill a particular post contained within a thread, please send a PM first. And finally, please don't clutter my e-mail inbox with 7 or 8 e-mails that merely regurgitate the forum rules to me; I log onto this site multiple times per day, and if I decide to read the forum rules, I'll click on them - I don't need them staring me in the face every time I open up Outlook.

OPEN LETTER TO EMT BRAVO & FRIENDS:

To Whom It May Concern:

Before you just delete this e-mail too, please listen to what I have to say. I know that the EMT Bravo Network is YOUR network…therefore YOU set the rules.

You are the host of 3,082 members who utilize your network. When you have that many people, all who come from different backgrounds, you WILL have controversial messages. If people don’t curse, threaten, or make comments of a sexual nature, what is the big deal? Don’t get me wrong, I understand your statement; “We are trying to maintain the site as a positive, constructive, respectful and friendly place to share information and ideas, and we will not allow it to become a bash or rant fest.†But lets face facts; EMS and the fire service aren’t all pink bunnies and happy times. Our responders come from every walk of life. We all have different cultures, financial backgrounds, religions, level of education, occupations, and most of all personalities. Our fellow responders should be allowed to express their opinions and ideas on subjects that pertain to emergency services unless they curse, threaten, or make comments of a sexual nature.

Bottom line, you will never make everyone happy! Is censorship the answer? There will always be the career vs. volunteer debate, the P.D. vs. F.D. debate, and disgruntled workers…you can’t stop that. You have a unique opportunity to provide responders with unlimited information, outlet of ideas, and access to resources that our predecessors would only dream of.

I hope your “information only format†works for you! Good luck to you. I hope you re-consider your decision.

<_<

Edited by EMSCOMM80

Agreed - This site, as it is currently, was, as far as I understood it, to be for Paid and Voluteers, Professionals and Non-Professionals, Retired Servicemen, and Fire/EMS-Buffs.

The members of EMTBravo (all 3000 Plus) come from all walks of life. If the intent of the EMTBravo site is to only allow professionals to share information, then it should be restricted to only those who are professionals, period. Maybe a Subscriber Based Web Site, then would be the way to go. However, as EMSCOMM80 said very well, that this site should be open for everyone who has an "Interest" (Be it either Professional, Volunteer, General Concerned Citizen, or Fire/EMS Buff), then everyone who is a member of EMTBravo, should have the ability to voice their opinion, just as long as it is done in a "Professional and Respectful" Manner. Just my thoughts.

RUNNING THIS BOARD ISN'T AS EASY OR STRAIGHTFOWARD AS IT SEEMS!!!

I love how unappreciative some people are, and how quick some people are to give "constructive criticism" without fully knowing what's going on, or without discussing any of their issues with me first. A lot of members have no idea the work, time,effort or most importantly heart that goes into maintaining this forum, and the far reaching consequences of it.. I've a lot of mail regarding this site over the past couple of days. Some were filled with hate for me and this site....others lauded the actions I take to keep this forum positive. Many people voiced concern about the BS and other behavior that goes on on this forum. But the main theme I got from the emails....people come here for INFORMATION!

I'm sorry, some on this thread have failed to convince me how using this forum to openly criticize departments or people, air "dirty laundry", or argue over issues would be beneficial to the area Fire and EMS service. These kinds of discussions breed tension, and turn the kind of members I want on this forum away, and have done so in the past. This forum WILL NOT become another "Watch Desk". I created this forum to be a positive, constructive, and respectful place to exhange information and ideas, and that's exactly what it's going to be always. I realize I may have deleted a little too much lately...... but, f your post gets deleted because it is deemed negative or inappropriate for this forum, then how is it my fault if you cannot follow the rules? My policy is posted in numerous places, and clear, and I have reminded members of it numerous times. I HATE deleting posts, no the "acceptable posts" list has not gotten shorter, the number of members making negative posts has gotten larger. I do PM members when I delete their posts, but in some cases, I don't.

I have no issue with criticism. However, I like people to have an understanding of whats really going on before criticizing me based on assumptions. Regarding some members suggestions on actions I should take before deleting posts..... do they understand that I do that already...and how much time taking those actions consumes, and how frusterating it can be with the volume that's posted here, and doing it repeatedly.

As far as the comment that I'm on an "ego trip".... that's got to be one of the most ridiculous things I've ever heard. How can you even make such an unfounded comment like that without even knowing me? The comments on the "way I handled things" and calling me immature....those were just as unfounded and out of line.

This thread just proves the predicament I've gotten myself into trying to be diplomatic to EVERYBODY, and trying to make each and every member happy. This is not "my site", it is everyone's.

And as for the original intention of this thread......Remember585, the thread was moved to the Communications forum...it was more appropriate a forum then The Lounge for that discussion. But now, after reading it, how can I leave it up when you openly bash an agency, and allow it for you but not for other members? I would have rather discussed this with you via PM..

This site is open to all with an interest, however those with an interest should not try and overstep their bounds.

I also shouldnt be the one to blame completly for the deleted posts...members who make the post should know the rules and whats acceptable.

I never realized there was such tension and hate in regards to these forums. This is the first I'm hearing about a lot of these issues. There will be some changes coming up to try and make this more of an information resource. As always, I appreciate the input......however, just don't sling mud at me without knowledge of the whole situation first.

I sent out the three email(s) this weekend to try and renew interest in the site, and to try and show the members that were turned away by some of the BS that we are taking actions to try and control it, and make this forum a place for information without negativity. I never expected in my wildest nightmares the reaction I would get from it.

Again, there will be changes. I HATE running this site now, it's no longer fun or enjoyable. I put the forum in it's entirety back online temporarily 'till I figure out what to do, and to stop the flood of emails, phone calls, and in person comments I've been getting about the site........not that I don't apprecaite each and every one, it's that I don't have the time right now to be devoting all my energy to that.

What's keeping this site going now? The many members who love it, and the impact I have seen it make.

RUNNING THIS BOARD ISN'T AS EASY OR STRAIGHTFOWARD AS IT SEEMS!!!!

EMT Bravo –

Seth, I can only imagine the amount of time and effort that you put into these forums. I imagine that you are only compensated with complaints, and requests for help. I give you a lot of credit for putting this forum together and maintaining it. Personally, I cannot speak for everyone, but I have benefited from the existence of this forum. Thank you!

First, I see a lot of members getting into heated discussions on controversial topics. Some of these discussions have been deemed inappropriate and deleted. There is a benefit to debate. On several occasions, the debates listed on these forums have changed my outlook on certain issues affecting emergency services after hearing other responder’s perspectives. Some have even affected how I operate in the field. So… controversial topics aren’t all bad. Is there any way the moderators can be a little less trigger-happy with the delete key? I completely agree that there is a good deal of un-informed garbage that gets posted…some of which needs to be filtered. If the post does not use abusive language, have sexual content, or make threats and is based even somewhat on reality…why not leave them alone? If people don’t want to read the information on the thread…don’t read it.

To those who complain about the content of the threads; relax! If you don’t agree with the content, don’t read it.

Second, the main reason I was upset was due to the fact I was under the impression Remember585’s thread had been deleted. I did not see that it had been moved. To prevent this type of misunderstanding in the future, is there a way that the disposition of a topic can be made more obvious (ie. A little note if the thread or topic has been deleted or moved)?

Alright, I’ll get down off my soap box now. Again, Seth, thanks for all you do. I apologize if I came across harsh. Good luck with the new format.

Edited by EMSCOMM80

Seth - I have and will continue to support you and your intent of this site 100%. I know the manpower hours you have personally invested into this site and can only personally thank you for what you have done and hopefully will continue to do for many many years to come. Yes, you and I have NOT seen "Eye to Eye" over the years concerning that "One" specific topic, but the conversations that you and I have had regarding this matter have been very professional and straightforward. Again, to this date, I know that we still disagree on the matter and are miles apart on our opinions on the subject. However, basically, you and I have ammically "Agreed To Disagree" which is fine, as in life all is not "A Bed Of Roses". I certainly agree and support your position that "Bashing" of any kind, should not be or ever be tollerated, no matter what. What the threads within any of the Sections of EMTBravo, should be one of positive and informative topics, and yes from time to time, constructive criticism may come out of the discussions. But as long as the responses are done with tact and respect towards the original writer, then I am all for that. Seth - Don't let anyone beat you down. You deserve better. Finally, all I can say is that you deserve a great debt of gratitude from the many who enjoy reading and visiting this site. Keep up the great work. YONKERSR3

Don't get me wrong Seth, I am not looking to bash you, nor am I looking to bash any of the moderators. Negativity is sometimes a part of our occupations. I do appreciate what you have done here in the short time I have been here. This is one of those situations, where as stated earlier, I guess we will agree to disagree.

(Quote) Is there any way the moderators can be a little less trigger-happy with the delete key? (Quote)

That was one of the points I was trying to make. Constructive criticism is not always a personal attack. The thin skin remark was. And for that I apologize. I'm done talking about this. It's your site. You run it how you see fit.

Just remember something folks and if this offends, so be it. Fighting on the internet is like running a race in the Special Olympics. Even if you win, you're still retarded.

My .02

I joined this forum shortly after it's creation, read a lot but never posted much.

Then life got in the way and I stopped visiting.

The e-mails send over the weekend motivated me to get back involved.

When I logged on I was pleasantly surprised at how much it had grown and changed.

It is a great place to share information, serious and not.

It is a great place to simply interact with others in the field.

From what you learned at training or a call, to what you joke about when hanging out in quarters.

I have been involved with the development of several "topic based" internet forums (mostly for the 4x4 enthusiast community) so I understand the amount of time and effort it takes; and have learned that trying too hard to regulate the content often results in MORE disguntled members than LESS.

If you remove the "comraderie" and make it "serious information only" it will become a resource, not a community.

If that is what the Admin's want, then so be it. It will be a useful and unique resource.

But, it will also be a loss. A loss of a unique forum for communication between the "rank and file" of different departments and agencies. I loss of a way for people involved in, and interested in, Emergency Services to interact, develop friendships and relationships.

Things to think about...

-cmc-

P.S. if anyone is ofened by this post i'm sorry. I just thought is had to be said.

I'm offended by your lack of spelling ability!!!! :)